«Save as» path different from «Open» path

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

crimle

«Save as» path different from «Open» path

Post by crimle »

I am a pretty new user of Xnview MP. Before, I had been using Xnview Classic for many years. I encounter an issue which I am unable to resolve myself. I checked any settings, but I cannot find the appropriate.

- Open an image by double clicking it
- Press «Shift-Ctrl-s» in order to «Save as» the image (either in order to give it a new filename or change the image type or whatever)

Now, when choosing «Save as», Xnview MP offers a different file path from the path the image is currently stored. I assume it is the file path that was used last time. This is driving me crazy because I keep saving my images in a wrong path and having difficulties finding them any more. In 99.9% of the cases I do want to «Save as» the picture in the very same path.

With Xnview Classic this was configurable or maybe it was even the default setting. I cannot remember ever having seen such a setting but from my point of view it is absolutely consistent to use the same path for «Saving as» per default. If I want to use a different path, I will certainly change it.

Did I miss a setting?

Thank you and kind regards
Chris
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: «Save as» path different from «Open» path

Post by xnview »

'Settings>File operations>For save as, use original pathname'
Pierre.
crimle

Re: «Save as» path different from «Open» path

Post by crimle »