I begin in using NviewMP.
During my first test I have found this :
- operation: just create (fill) iptc items on CR2 and JPG files (from the card of a Canon EOS70D)
- observed after saving files :
- file CR2_original created -> ok
- the exif "Copyright" field is deleted from the main exif record during the generation of the new CR2 (which should not get any modification)
Note that the Canon firmware is 1.1.1 do not set the Copyright Exif data ("Avis de droits d'auteur" in French) for the jpg linked file (I uses the option generate RAW - CR2 - and JPG at shot). So it is impossible to get the Copyright form the jpg file and I have to get the Copyright form the CR2 to copy to the jpg (using xmp companion...)
Note too that in French versions of software(s) :
Exif data "Artist" and "Copyright" are translated:
- In Canon "Digital Photo Professionnal 4" "Artist"-> "Auteur" and "Copyright" -> "Avis de droits d'auteur"
- In xnviewMP "Artist (as shown by Exiftools)" -> "Auteur" and "Copyright (cf. Exiftools)" -> "Droit de copie©"
With Copyright there are other erratic translations in DPP4 and xnviewMP ("credits data").
Thanks to propose a solution to the main problem which is that "EXIF Copyright" cannot be brought to the photo files all over the process automatically.
Note that, may be, I have missed a parameter of xnviewMP ?