Support for 'Single click rename' and 'hide renaming ext'

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView MP or XnConvert MP which have been resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

budz45
XnThusiast

Support for 'Single click rename' and 'hide renaming ext'

Post by budz45 »

hi,

It would be nice if I could have:

1. Single click renaming for a single file (an option and enabled by default).

2. Hiding the extension on any single click rename (an option)
------

I think these two options and more such as these would go under Tools>Options>Browser as tickbox's for general file manager settings. More to the fact, for the future XnMP, more file manager settings would need to be added again I use XYplorer as a great example:

so this is current XnMP's Tools>Options>Browser

.. and these two show the tickbox options in XYplorer for file-manager stuff:
Image Image

But back onto the main first two requests - I really wish to rename with a single click on the 'Browser'. Apologies if that has already been brought up before.
All My Topics || my 'MP' Topics
My own Bookmarked topics--->for me only
budz45
XnThusiast

Re: Support for 'Single click rename' and 'hide renaming ext'

Post by budz45 »

I think I meant adding support for 'slow double click rename' - like in Win Explorer/most file managers
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Re: Support for 'Single click rename' and 'hide renaming ext'

Post by Dreamer »

I think it has been added already, but it doesn't work good yet... The filename is not selected and there is a conflict with a 'quick' double click to go to fullscreen - reported in MP bug reports.
Dreamer
budz45
XnThusiast

Re: Support for 'Single click rename' and 'hide renaming ext

Post by budz45 »

budz45 wrote: 1. Single click renaming for a single file (an option and enabled by default).
Right, for this, XnViewMP already supports slow single-click renaming of files BUT currently only for "Details" view.

Support for slow single-click file-renaming needs to be added for "List" view, "Icon" view and for all "Thumbnail" views too. Winodws Explorer as well as basic freeware file managers support the same, so I think this is just a missing or forgotten feature that needs to be added :wink:
budz45 wrote: 2. Hiding the extension on any single click rename (an option)
For this, XnViewMP would have to have a tickbox setting called 'Hide file extensions' ...
..this setting would nicely go under Settings>Browser>'File list' (1st tab), beneath the 'show hidden files' tickbox :wink:
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

budz45 wrote:
budz45 wrote: 1. Single click renaming for a single file (an option and enabled by default).
Right, for this, XnViewMP already supports slow single-click renaming of files BUT currently only for "Details" view.

Support for slow single-click file-renaming needs to be added for "List" view, "Icon" view and for all "Thumbnail" views too. Winodws Explorer as well as basic freeware file managers support the same, so I think this is just a missing or forgotten feature that needs to be added :wink:
Yes, there is problem again...
budz45 wrote: 2. Hiding the extension on any single click rename (an option)
For this, XnViewMP would have to have a tickbox setting called 'Hide file extensions' ...
..this setting would nicely go under Settings>Browser>'File list' (1st tab), beneath the 'show hidden files' tickbox :wink:
why? filename without extension is selected...
Pierre.
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

xnview wrote: why? filename without extension is selected...
yes but I am meaning an option to disable showing of the extension in general browsing of files in the Browser. Just an option that's all...But if you think that XnViewMP should always display file extension and not give user-choice for it then I think that is ok.
Vapavite123

Post by Vapavite123 »

Hi,
yes but I am meaning an option to disable showing of the extension in general browsing of files in the Browser. Just an option that's all...But if you think that XnViewMP should always display file extension and not give user-choice for it then I think that is ok.
Danger :!:

It is easy to tell the difference between an xml file and a doc, this can be much more difficult from a raw file, png or jpeg (the visual content displayed can be the same). Extensions are also used to that!

@+

Danger !

Il est facile de faire la différence entre un fichier xml et un doc, ceci peut être nettement plus difficile entre un fichier raw, png ou jpeg, (le contenu visuel affiché peut être identique). les extensions servent aussi à cela !
@+
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Please check XnViewMP 0.48
Pierre.
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

xnview wrote:Please check XnViewMP 0.48
Thank you, slow single-click rename now works in all Browser file-list views. Thank you.