I'm interested in the file specification documents for MAG

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Ben321

I'm interested in the file specification documents for MAG

Post by Ben321 »

MAG (or Makichan version 2) is an image file format for the old computer PC-9801, made by NEC. This computer was only sold in Japan. However I see you guys have implemented loading for MAG images into XnView. GOOD JOB! It's neat to see support for such a rare format. However I'm interested in implementing MAG image support in a program I'm writing (for both saving and loading of this file format). Unfortunately I've run into a problem with the program I'm making. I tried to find the official documentation on this file format, and it took me a long time. But here's the problem. When I finally DID find it, it was in Japanese! That didn't help, because I don't know Japanese, only English. It got even worse when I tried to run Google Translate on it, and the English it translation it gave made little sense, more like an "Engrish" translation. But then I saw you guys implemented it (even though only for loading) in XnView, and your website is in English. This clued me in that someone on the XnView team is bilingual. This is GREAT! It meant I can finally make this request to someone. So here comes my request. Whoever implemented MAG in XnView, PLEASE provide me with a good English translation of the official file format documentation for the MAG image format.
Thanks in advance.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: I'm interested in the file specification documents for M

Post by xnview »

I don't have specs, only a source code. Send me your email by PM
Pierre.
Ben321

Post by Ben321 »

xnview wrote:I don't have specs, only a source code. Send me your email by PM

I PMed you but It's been a whole day now and have not received an email from you yet.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Ben321 wrote:... I PMed you but It's been a whole day now and have not received an email from you yet.
<Moderator's note>Please be patient - or have you booked and payed for 24x7 support? ;-)</note>