My feedback on Xnview MP

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

budz45
XnThusiast

My feedback on Xnview MP

Post by budz45 »

I am currently playing around with my favourite image viewer of Xnview @ 0.015 of the MP version. I didn't know until I read Xnview on Wikipedia (Im not that active on the forums) that a consolidated multi-platform version for many OS's under one source roof is comming :mrgreen: :D

I am hoping to see all the wonderful useful features currently in Xnview 1.9xx Win to be ported to MP in some manner by a final release like hotkeys, advanced etc. I think the QT interface was a wonderful move, many general software enthusiasts (like me) are aware of the delight in QT when seeing apps like VLC media player.

1. OK my first comment is so tiny and trivial:
By default could you make the viewer background an off white, IMO it looks more attractive than plain black for the new user, I myself always use saturated lighter colours for the background of the viewer.

the off-white Im using in MP is @ RGB = 244,244,244
http://i44.tinypic.com/mhvyg9.png
...On my Xnview 1.92 I have enjoyed a comfortable blue of RGB = 221,221,255

...I just think either of the two RGB above would look nicer, more welcoming, more Mac friendly as a default instead of a gruesome black.

Second comment:
2. Are there any planned revamped file icons. Don't get me worng I like the one's on Windows that i'm using and they look great at all sizes especially 16x16 but since MP is going to be supporting an eye-candy OS like Mac as a universla version it would be notable to look at revamping the icons a little with some nice design for each filetype (in keeping the lovely colour coding) . Maybe something like this but with a diff colour document fold background: http://www.httpartist.com/beta/images/s ... camera.png
This would be considered low priority
Last edited by budz45 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
All My Topics || my 'MP' Topics
My own Bookmarked topics--->for me only
ckit
XnThusiast

Re: My feedback on Xnview MP

Post by ckit »

XnView MP v0.12 is newer!
AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8Ghz, 16Gb DDR4, RX6600XT with Dell U2520D at 2560x1440@60Hz
Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2, PowerToys and Wintoys
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

sorry I didn't know it was newer, I quickly glanced at the version njumber mistaking 0.015 for 0.15 thinking that was newer,

thanks I try 0.12 and edit my original post
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Yes I have tried 0.12 now, it's still developing, I can see from the point of 0.015.

Many loved features look like they're still being added such as: drag n drop, working hotkey support and all the additional features we're al familiar with

My MP reported Bugs