Point & Hold full screen: full screen while holding key

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

mostly harmless

Point & Hold full screen: full screen while holding key

Post by mostly harmless »

Idea to quickly show any picture in full screen and go right back to the browser with minimum clicking:

Move your mouse pointer on any small preview picture in the browser.

Hold the key designated to activate Point & Hold full screen mode (I propose SPACE bar or middle mouse button, user should be able to change this in preferences).

->
Now the picture your mouse pointer was over is shown in full screen mode - for aslong as you hold the key.

Release the key/button that activates Point & Hold full screen mode and you immediately go back to the browser with with the small preview pictures.
oops66
XnThusiast

Re: Point & Hold full screen: full screen while holding

Post by oops66 »

+1, I strongly support this function (behavior), and especially into the MP's version but also for v1.9x ( but for the moment. "space key" tag the file in v1.9x , like "Crtl + t" ).
For a temporary Full screen: move the mouse over a thumbnail into the browser mode (without clicking) + hold the "space key" to show the picture into the full screen mode + Release the "space key" to go back the browser thumbnails mode.
For a permanent Full Screen (to be able to launch the Quick slide show just via the "Pause" key): just a "middle mouse click" over a thumb, like now into v1.9x to go into FS mode and an other "middle mouse click" to go back Browser thumbs mode,.
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

I support this idea in general, but for me the implementation particulars should differ.

IMO, it would be better if there were a couple of options to customize the behavior:
  • 1. The Hotkey or mouse button should be selectable. I'd choose to click and hold the left mouse button.

2. Size of "pop-up" image window should be selectable (full screen vs. windowed)

3. While hotkey or mouse button is held down (and image is displayed), mouse wheel zooms image.

4. Mouse movement pans image if image is zoomed.
John
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

Right, this solution is better than the previous one, for me too.
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
mostly harmless

Post by mostly harmless »

JohnFredC wrote: IMO, it would be better if there were a couple of options to customize the behavior
I don`t know if I agree with the particular details you proposed but I certainly do agree that users can choose the hotkeys (or mouse buttons) that activate this or any other function.

I generally find that all hotkeys + key-combinations should be customizable.
Has anybody requested this, yet?
Clo
XnThusiast

OMG !!!!!

Post by Clo »

:arrow: mostly harmless

:) Hello !
…I generally find that all hotkeys + key-combinations should be customizable.
OMG ! A lot of times, but as a more global feature, please see MY OWN CONTRIBUTION ;)

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

mostly harmless wrote:I generally find that all hotkeys + key-combinations should be customizable.
It's already in the "Global Request & Suggestion list *Read this first*":

- Custom Hotkeys / Shortcuts - [Topic 1] [Topic 2]
Dreamer