Crash with big avi

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

pic_viewer

Crash with big avi

Post by pic_viewer »

Hello,

today I made longer movies with my F10. The AVI are 100 and 200 MB big. I can view these movies in single window mode, no matter if browser or viewer, small or full screen. But in browser mode left monitor and fullscreen right monitor (F11), then changing from a pic to these big avis, the fullscreen window just stays black - nothing happens. The mouse cursor is gone too. Sometimes I manage to get back to normal operation and see a few more pics, but usually XnView crashes right away when trying to leave this state.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Crash with big avi

Post by xnview »

pic_viewer wrote:Hello,

today I made longer movies with my F10. The AVI are 100 and 200 MB big. I can view these movies in single window mode, no matter if browser or viewer, small or full screen. But in browser mode left monitor and fullscreen right monitor (F11), then changing from a pic to these big avis, the fullscreen window just stays black - nothing happens. The mouse cursor is gone too. Sometimes I manage to get back to normal operation and see a few more pics, but usually XnView crashes right away when trying to leave this state.
Do you have the problem only with this avi?
Pierre.
pic_viewer

Post by pic_viewer »

All my other avis are no bigger than 25 MByte.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

pic_viewer wrote:All my other avis are no bigger than 25 MByte.
And no problem?
Pierre.
pic_viewer

Post by pic_viewer »

Stupid me - I thought that info was included in my first post. No, all these 'smaller' avis never showed or show a problem.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

pic_viewer wrote:Stupid me - I thought that info was included in my first post. No, all these 'smaller' avis never showed or show a problem.
And which size do you have in option/file list/files smaller than?
Pierre.
pic_viewer

Post by pic_viewer »

Default values 999999 KB.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

pic_viewer wrote:Default values 999999 KB.
Strange i've tested with an avi (600Mb) and no problem
Pierre.
pic_viewer

Post by pic_viewer »

I have now tested this on 4 different computers, including a newly bought laptop with Vista (my first Vista PC...not as bad as I thought...) and they ALL (!) show the exact (!) same error. Black display, cursor lost, and if you manage to go back to the browser XnView then crashes.

The error is the same when you use F11 with just one monitor. No F11, no problem.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

pic_viewer wrote:I have now tested this on 4 different computers, including a newly bought laptop with Vista (my first Vista PC...not as bad as I thought...) and they ALL (!) show the exact (!) same error. Black display, cursor lost, and if you manage to go back to the browser XnView then crashes.

The error is the same when you use F11 with just one monitor. No F11, no problem.
Can't reproduce, someone?
Pierre.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Do they all have the same codec? Since it's only happening with 2 monitors (right?), it may as well be a graphics card problem.
Get the bugs fixed, THEN start adding features. It sucks, but someone has to do it.
pic_viewer

Post by pic_viewer »

Danny wrote:Do they all have the same codec? Since it's only happening with 2 monitors (right?), it may as well be a graphics card problem.
My new laptop has only one monitor.. ;-)
Cyrilllle

For the avi crash

Post by Cyrilllle »

PROBLEM SOLVED FOR ME :
I also HAD an avi problem with xnview :
Using the latest version 1.92.1 (I don't know for previous versions)
- On Vista, I was not able to read any avi. It always crashes whatever I do on it. The avi are small size and they are coming from my fujifilm camera. They were working fine if using VLC.

(The same files were working fine a Dell PC on XP)

After a while, I discovered avi file were not working using windows media player neither (crash and sometimes blue screen). After a (big) while and cheking forum on internet, I discovered the reason for this was Nero !!!!

I desinstalled it and avi are now working fine in Xnview...
pic_viewer

Post by pic_viewer »

Interesting information! I too have Nero on all my computers. Will check.
Cyrilllle

Post by Cyrilllle »

Hi Picviewer. So does it work now ??? Cyrilllle