Removing keyword

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

cnnrbl

Removing keyword

Post by cnnrbl »

Does anybody have an idea how to remove particular keyword from more pictures?
Here is an example:
Imagine you spent some time inserting keywords to set of pictures (like 500 photos). You set keywords key1, key2, and key3 variously to those pictures. Then you select all those pictures from the set and instead of setting key4 to them you accidentally set key5. What now?
I know how to delete ALL keyword at once from multiple selected files or how to delete single keyword one-by-one. But don't know how to delete one particular keyword.
Thank you for your ideas.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Removing keyword

Post by xnview »

cnnrbl wrote:Does anybody have an idea how to remove particular keyword from more pictures?
Here is an example:
Imagine you spent some time inserting keywords to set of pictures (like 500 photos). You set keywords key1, key2, and key3 variously to those pictures. Then you select all those pictures from the set and instead of setting key4 to them you accidentally set key5. What now?
I know how to delete ALL keyword at once from multiple selected files or how to delete single keyword one-by-one. But don't know how to delete one particular keyword.
Thank you for your ideas.
Yes, currently you can't remove one keyword from a set of pictures! So a very good enhancement.

But how to do that easily??
Pierre.
foxyshadis

Post by foxyshadis »

Treat them as categories. Open IPTC keyword pane, which has automatically collected them for all the scanned images, then you can browse them as if they were categories but permanently embedded in the file. When you remove images from the 'category' it removes that keyword from the files. Categories and keywords are logically separate things, but using a duplicate interface for both seems to make sense.

Post by Guest »

Great idea! Especially if it would also be possible to add new IPTC keywords in the list and assign them to single pictures (or a set) by drag and drop. That's the only thing I'm missing at the moment when using XnView (and the fact that it doesn't support Olympus E510 Raws although dcraw does :()

Frank
Evds

Re: Removing keyword

Post by Evds »

To be able to remove a keyword from multiple files would really be a great enhancement to XnView.

Support from here also !
oops66
XnThusiast

Re: Removing IPTC keyword

Post by oops66 »

+1 to have the ability to remove an (or some) IPTC keyword(s) from a set of selected (or tagged) images.
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

I have made such feature in next XnViewMP
Pierre.
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

xnview wrote:I have made such feature in next XnViewMP
Thank you Pierre !
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
Evds

Post by Evds »

xnview wrote:I have made such feature in next XnViewMP
Thank you Pierre !
Will this new version be released in the near future ?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Evds wrote:Will this new version be released in the near future ?
next release of XnViewMP is for june
Pierre.