XnView in Xandros 4

Questions, suggestions, and answers for XnView on all Un*x platforms (Linux, HP-UX, AIX, ...)

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

n8oay

XnView in Xandros 4

Post by n8oay »

Has anyone had any luck getting XnView 1.70 to work correctly with Xandros 4? I have successfully installed it (using a .deb created by a Xandros Forums member - I can not get XnView to even open when installing from a .rpm), but can not get it to run correctly. I also installed lesstif and libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 and created a symbolic link to /usr/lib/libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so (see http://forums.xandros.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=).

The only way I can get XnView to open is to right-click a picture and use Open With, then browsing to /usr/bin/xnview. It will not open with a link added the the Launch menu, and if I open it from the Console, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified
When I open XnView by right-clicking a picture, Copy and Paste, and most other functions do not work. I can scroll forward through a folder of pictures using the Space Bar, and that is all I can do. I can not change any of the Options under the Tools menu - when I click on any of the categories in the left pane, the Options windows closes.

I have used Irfanview for many years in Windows, and have finnaly been able to get it to work in Linux Crossover, but I would much rather use a native Linux program.
N8OAY
Dave Marshall

Unencumbered by the ravages of intelligence.