Categories

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

vlada

Categories

Post by vlada »

Hello,
I'd like to ask you, what's the new categories pane good for. I tried for hours to find out how to use it, but I couldn't find any solution. Could somebody give me any help? I'm quite advanced PC user, but I'm somehow stuck with this feature.

I suppose I need to create a database of images, but I can't find such option in the menus.
marsh
XnThusiast

Drag & drop filename

Post by marsh »

Using left mouse button, drag and drop filename onto a category.
vlada

Post by vlada »

Of course I tried that, but nothing happens.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

vlada wrote:Of course I tried that, but nothing happens.
When you drag&drop files into a category, nothing happened? Categories not rating or labeling...
Pierre.
vlada

Post by vlada »

The problem is, that I can't drop file(s) onto a category. If I create one, I can't rename or delete it and I can't drop files there. I can drop files to rating and labels, but then again nothing happens.

You might want to have a look at this movie (flash, 7-zip compressed). It shows how it works on my computer.

I'm probably missing something, but I can't find out what am I doing wrong.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

vlada wrote:The problem is, that I can't drop file(s) onto a category. If I create one, I can't rename or delete it and I can't drop files there. I can drop files to rating and labels, but then again nothing happens.

You might want to have a look at this movie (flash, 7-zip compressed). It shows how it works on my computer.

I'm probably missing something, but I can't find out what am I doing wrong.
Strange, could you try to set Xnview folder for Option/Integration?? Perhaps a problem with 'Application data' folder
Pierre.
vlada

Post by vlada »

That was the problem, now it works. Thank you.