"Save selection as custom" doesn't work

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

jens116

"Save selection as custom" doesn't work

Post by jens116 »

If you use the the Custom Selection in 1.90 many interesting things happen but not the right one. Sometimes the selection frame collapse to a very small selection and sometimes the vertikal orientation is transformed into an horizontal orientation.
Clo
XnThusiast

*Peanuts*

Post by Clo »

:) Hello !

• This function no longer works here, I get nothing after I saved a custom selection and try to reuse it !

• It worked fine in 1.82.4…

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: "Save selection as custom" doesn't work

Post by xnview »

jens116 wrote:If you use the the Custom Selection in 1.90 many interesting things happen but not the right one. Sometimes the selection frame collapse to a very small selection and sometimes the vertikal orientation is transformed into an horizontal orientation.
Ratio or size? i have no problem...
Pierre.
Clo
XnThusiast

Size…

Post by Clo »

:) I tested “Size” here.

- It works perfectly in 1.82.4 and not at all in 1.90 final…
- It seems saved, since the menu entry turns "On", but when using it, nothing happens.
- Accuracy : I know that handling so well, I described it in our Manual, though I don't use it a lot…

Note : It's lost when closing¦restarting XnView… The entry comes back to greyed.

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Size…

Post by xnview »

Clo wrote::) I tested “Size” here.

- It works perfectly in 1.82.4 and not at all in 1.90 final…
- It seems saved, since the menu entry turns "On", but when using it, nothing happens.
- Accuracy : I know that handling so well, I described it in our Manual, though I don't use it a lot…
Can't reproduce, i open a picture, select an area, use Edit/Selection size/Save, click on picture to clean the selection, use Edit/Selection size/Custom, and i have the old selection....
Pierre.
Clo
XnThusiast

*nope*

Post by Clo »

:D … and here I've NOTHING !

XP-Pro SP1 still…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

I can't confirm this bug too, it works good, even after xnview restart.
Dreamer
jens116

Post by jens116 »

jens116 wrote:If you use the the Custom Selection in 1.90 many interesting things happen but not the right one. Sometimes the selection frame collapse to a very small selection and sometimes the vertikal orientation is transformed into an horizontal orientation.
Here some additional information: The described problem refers to the Selection Ratio function. But the Selection Size is also wrong. If you click Custom in the Selection Size menu the Ratio-Function is switched on although you don't ask for that. There seems to be an additional cross over problem between the menus. Here my system: XP with SP2.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

jens116 wrote:
Here some additional information: The described problem refers to the Selection Ratio function. But the Selection Size is also wrong. If you click Custom in the Selection Size menu the Ratio-Function is switched on although you don't ask for that.
Ok, i have the size swap, i'll fix it in a 1.90.1
Pierre.