export multipage pdf: How?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

brotondi

export multipage pdf: How?

Post by brotondi »

Thanks for this nice Feature, but I don't find it...

Tools->Export seems no to have a "[x] all Pages", or which command should I use? (I searched, tried and explored your forum half an hour...)

Thanks for any help, Bruno

XnView 1.90 <x>
Olivier_G
XnThusiast

Post by Olivier_G »

Use Menu: Create>Multi-Page file... and select Format "Portable Document Format".
Olivier
brotondi

Post by brotondi »

No, I don't want to create a pdf. I want to convert 1 pdf with 10 pages to 10 jpgs...
Olivier_G
XnThusiast

Post by Olivier_G »

OK. Sorry.
Try this: Open PDF file in XnView, then Menu>Tools>Multipage file>Extract all into (choose directory and format).

I didn't know about this feature and just found/tried it successfully in 2mn... :P
Olivier
brotondi

Post by brotondi »

well then this is perhaps a serious Bug: on my PC there is no Menu>Tools>Multipage file>Extract all into

Screenshot: (does not work, thanks for the Info)

What XNView-Version do you have?
Last edited by brotondi on Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clo
XnThusiast

Display it !

Post by Clo »

—> brotondi

:) Hello !

• This function is already in 1.80.3… and older I guess.

- You must have the multipage file displayed i.e. in View to get the menu entry and its sub-menu,
from which you can choose the operation to perform.

¤ BTW : Your image is not displayed on the board, and the link causes an error message :
You are not allowed to display that page” or so (in French here).

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
brotondi

Post by brotondi »

Yes, this works, I searched it from the browse window since I have around 100 pdfs I wanted to Batch-Export :)

But for those who need this here the Infos I found outside XNView:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 can export only simple pdfs
- Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional will export also Vector-Images and Images with multiple pieces
- Document Convertor (docPrint Pro) 3.3 is not able to export simple pdfs without reencoding the JPGs, but can batch export also secure pdfs (very slov, but the only one I found)
- PDF Ripper can batch export simple pdfs at an amazing speed

Thanks again for your help and this stille amazing software :)

Bruno
sylpix

multiple pdf to jpg

Post by sylpix »

what i can tell you about this type of conversion is that you can do it with photoshop (i have 7) i succeded in changing to jpg several multiple pdf (between ( to 12pages) it can be quite long depending on the resolution you want but it works, hope it can help you in yr search. rgds sylpix
PS i have tried with XN view and I have a msg saying that my file has "an unknow format" can u help me ?
brotondi

Post by brotondi »

Hi

I don't know the different formats, but there are bitmaps, jpgs, vector ... then you have secured pdfs, etc. etc.

Try Document Convertor (docPrint Pro) 3.3, and Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro one of them should be able to export also your pdf I hope...

Bruno
sylpix

Post by sylpix »

brotondi wrote:Hi

I don't know the different formats, but there are bitmaps, jpgs, vector ... then you have secured pdfs, etc. etc.

Try Document Convertor (docPrint Pro) 3.3, and Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro one of them should be able to export also your pdf I hope...

Bruno
OK THKS i will try
Drahken

Post by Drahken »

http://pdftohtml.sourceforge.net/
Drag the PDF file onto pdftohtml.exe and it'll extract all the images from it into the same folder as the original PDF. The program is small, works very quickly, and produces images of the same quality as the original ones that were used to make the PDF in the first place.

There is also a GUI available seperately http://guiguy.wminds.com/downloads/pdf2htmlgui/ . The download on the main site doesn't work, but I found a copy of it elsewhere: http://cypherswipe.googlepages.com/pdf2htmlgui.zip

Gonvisor can also act as a frontend for it http://es.geocities.com/gonvisor/
brotondi

Post by brotondi »

Seems only to be able to export simple pdfs....
Download: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pdftoh ... g_mirror=0
Usage from CMD/Dosshell:

Code: Select all

pdftohtml.exe document.pdf
(in XP Drag on pdftohtml.exe seems not to work)

But thanks for the link.
Drahken

Post by Drahken »

I'm on xp, and drag&drop works fine for me. I've used it on 2 different XP machines, in fact.
I use it to extract JPGs from PDFs. I never had a need, nor an opportunity, to try extracting anything else with it.

You might want to try Image Magick, it has more advanced PDF extraction & creation abilities, and can handle a massive array of image types, it should be able to extract vector graphics without difficulty (dunno about secure PDFs). IM is completely free, but it is a pretty large program.