Program Icon for XnView

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

helmut wrote:But in none of the topics I could find a non-broken link which shows the toolbar.
Yep, I know. :|
They erased all of it, probably when StickyNomads involvement in TC's “face lift” was officially announced.
Total Commander beta blog: [url=http://www.lefteous.de/blog/?p=10]New icons[/url] (16/May/2006) wrote:Total Commander 7 will contain a new set of icons for the drive bar, new file list icons and more than 40 icons for built-in commands. The icons are made by the forum user stickynomad who has already created some nice icons for TC. He improved his existing icons noticeable and created some new.
But I'll PM you a bunch of URLs that still work. :mrgreen:
StickyNomad

Post by StickyNomad »

I'm sorry. I no longer own the domain 'agiles.de' where these icons are stored and simply forgot to adjust the links. But you can replace 'agiles' with 'stickynomad' in all of the links, then they should work. I also edited the links in the Wiki. But these old releases aren't that reprasentative anymore...

Notice that over a year has passed since then and I have signifitiantly improved overall look and coloring in the meantime. So when TC 7 will be released, you'll see the current look which is much better compared to the old releases of my icons IMO.

I'd like to show you a little appetizer, but The author of Total Commander (and me either) don't want to spoil the surprise in advance. But I hope it shouldn't take too long until the first public beta will be released. I will inform you when it's available.

Here are working links to the last public release:

See Screenshot

Download vicons3_111.zip

2XnTriq

Thanks for your nice comments. Fine to see that others prefer a more slick and clean style too. And your quote from the "1000pixels"-article is exactly the statement I really agree with in all points. :D
regards,
StickyNomad
ckv

Post by ckv »

WOW StickyNomad I really like your old schoolish style. :D Much better than any standard Windows XP icon.

Edit: And that quote from 1000pixels... “overdesigned” That's exactly what I think about the XnView deluxe icon.
XnView Tweak UI - Tool to customize your XnView beyond the regular XnView options.
UI-less Settings - Documentation of all the hidden settings in XnView.
XFAM - Tool to create and customize XnView file associations.
StickyNomad

Post by StickyNomad »

2ckv
WOW StickyNomad I really like your old schoolish style.
Thanks! But you should wait until you see TC7's final icons, they look even more straight and clean, yet also a tiny little bit more nifty (but not too much of course :wink:).
regards,
StickyNomad
StickyNomad

Post by StickyNomad »

OK, TC7 beta 1 has been released. So if you are interested, you can see a screenshot of the new default icons here (with 24² iconsize):

If you want to try TC7, get it here: Total Commander 7 beta1

Sorry for this little cross-promotion, but as some of you showd interest in my icons, I thought I'll post that...
regards,
StickyNomad
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

:D You bet I'm interested, StickyNomad! Thanks for keeping us posted.

On Thursday I came across an article which had this screenshot of TC 7.0pb1 running on Windows Vista and sporting your new & improved toolbar icons @ 16²px:
    (750x529 300kb)
The caps below are both from the official Total Commander Beta 7 discussion+suggestions forum (» How does your 7.0 look ?):
  • Image Image