problem starting withou explictly given fiel name

Questions, suggestions, and answers for XnView on all Un*x platforms (Linux, HP-UX, AIX, ...)

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

problem starting withou explictly given fiel name

Post by Guest »

Hi,

when I start Xnviw without any further parameters by just typing 'xnview' the programme window opens but the whole window stays gray and three buttons appear right in the middle of the window 'File' 'Option' 'Info'. Clicking them has no Effect.

Starting Xnview with 'xnview *' in a folder that contains pictures or with a filename as parameter works fine.

I use the Linux x86 version of Xnview under ION3 on an ubuntu system.

I really like the programme, it is exactly what I wanted, it is light, fast, looks nice (yes I really think it does!) and most functions are available via keyboard.

Perhaps someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: problem starting withou explictly given fiel name

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:Hi,

when I start Xnviw without any further parameters by just typing 'xnview' the programme window opens but the whole window stays gray and three buttons appear right in the middle of the window 'File' 'Option' 'Info'. Clicking them has no Effect.

Starting Xnview with 'xnview *' in a folder that contains pictures or with a filename as parameter works fine.

I use the Linux x86 version of Xnview under ION3 on an ubuntu system.

I really like the programme, it is exactly what I wanted, it is light, fast, looks nice (yes I really think it does!) and most functions are available via keyboard.

Perhaps someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!
But when you click on 'File', do you have the menu?
Pierre.