Add lines to file name at thumbnails

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Allekz

Add lines to file name at thumbnails

Post by Allekz »

I wish I could read the full name of the long named files at the browser pane, especially when there are many images which names start with the same words.

Is it possible to set XnView so that it shows as many lines as the file name needs? Better if I could set maximum and minimum numbers of lines.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Add lines to file name at thumbnails

Post by xnview »

Allekz wrote:I wish I could read the full name of the long named files at the browser pane, especially when there are many images which names start with the same words.

Is it possible to set XnView so that it shows as many lines as the file name needs? Better if I could set maximum and minimum numbers of lines.
Sorry but currently not possible
Pierre.
Bzzz

Re: Add lines to file name at thumbnails

Post by Bzzz »

How about...now? 8)

Yes, making preview images bigger is a workaround, but for varying file name lengths, it's either still too short, or a waste of space. A (fixed) second line option for the name would improve the situation very much, and a "force more lines until the name fits in" option would be perfect, even if it did that for all images in the same row of the preview pane. Maybe it's already implemented and I didn't fit it yet...