XnView Shell Extension in *** SUBMENU ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ellebi

XnView Shell Extension in *** SUBMENU ***

Post by ellebi »

XnView Shell Extension in
*** SUBMENU ***

My idea is to put the image-thumb and the other textual elements in a submenu, called e.g. XnShellEx (or something of similar).

I have manipulated an image to show what does mean my idea.

This is XnShellEx in submenu

Direct link to the image
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

Sorry but I hate the idea.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

ckit wrote:Sorry but I hate the idea.
Yes, i don't know what to make here, some users ask for a submenu, some for not with submenu....
Pierre.
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

It's faster the way it is but you could make an option for it to be used as a submenu instead.
ellebi

Submenu could be OPTIONAL

Post by ellebi »

xnview wrote:
ckit wrote:Sorry but I hate the idea.
Yes, i don't know what to make here, some users ask for a submenu, some for not with submenu....
XnView Shell Extension in SUBMENU could be OPTIONAL

At first, thanks to ckit and to xnview for your answers.

I don't know if it is possible, because I'm not a programmer, but if it were possible (and if it were not too much expensive) you could consider the possibility to create two differents versions of "XnViewShellExt.dll". As an example:
1) XnViewShellExt_submenu.dll
2) XnViewShellExt_NO_submenu.dll

Then, everyone could decide which of the two versions prefers.

The goal of the submenu is (in my opinion) to reduce the size of the popup menu (mouse right clicking). It would be useful for those who have one screen from the low resolution (e.g. 800×600 pixel). If you have many elements in the windows shell extension menu, it is more useful to reduce the size of someone of them; otherwise many elements end outside from the screen, and the MS Windows scrolling of the shell-menu is not just easy.

Then, This is the reason for which I have proposed the idea to compact in a submenu the XnView Shell Extension Menu.

Obviously, if you can't do this it is not a problem. I'll continue to use XnView: surely one of the best image browsers I've ever used.

THANKS for XnView, and Thanks again for your attention. :)
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Such feature, as option, exists in many "ZIP" programs, so it should be possible to add...
VuDu

Post by VuDu »

yes, almost every compression tool has a "Display context menu items in a submenu" and I agree that this should be implemented here, but optional of course!
Ad decus et ad libertatem nati sumus
Aut haec teneamus aut cum dignitate moriamur
ellebi

Post by ellebi »

VuDu wrote:yes, almost every compression tool has a "Display context menu items in a submenu" and I agree that this should be implemented here, but optional of course!
[off topic :mrgreen:]

:D :D :D VERY GOOD!!! VuDu :D :D :D

ROMA

M. TVLLI CICERONIS IN M. ANTONIVM ORATIO PHILIPPICA TERTIA

Nihil est detestabilius dedecore, nihil foedius servitute. Ad decus et ad libertatem nati sumus; aut haec teneamus aut cum dignitate moriamur. Nimium diu teximus, quid sentiremus; nunc iam apertum est; omnes patefaciunt, in utramque partem quid sentiant, quid velint. Sunt impii cives, sed pro caritate rei publicae nimium multi, contra multitudinem bene sentientium admodum pauci; quorum opprimendorum di immortales incredibilem rei publicae potestatem et fortunam dederunt. Ad ea enim praesidia, quae habemus, iam accedent consules summa prudentia, virtute, concordia multos menses de populi Romani libertate commentati atque meditati. His auctoribus et ducibus, dis iuvantibus, nobis vigilantibus et multum in posterum providentibus, populo Romano consentiente erimus profecto liberi brevi tempore. Iucundiorem autem faciet libertatem servitutis recordatio.
ellebi

Post by ellebi »

VuDu wrote:yes, almost every compression tool has a "Display context menu items in a submenu" and I agree that this should be implemented here, but optional of course!
Yes it's true. As an example, one similar feature is previewed in:
7-Zip
WinRAR
PowerArchiver
ZipGenius
WinZip

But the point is if it is possible to implement this optional feature in XnView without too much work or difficult for whichever reason.
loth

Post by loth »

ckit wrote:It's faster the way it is but you could make an option for it to be used as a submenu instead.
i'm sure, i'll never use this, but i'm supporting the "you could make an option for it"-idea.

besides, it is easier to recognize (for me) by which program some "right-click-features" are added, if it is shown like in the picture in the first post.
loth