"Zoom Window" - Bug in v 1.66?

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Peter2
XnThusiast

"Zoom Window" - Bug in v 1.66?

Post by Peter2 »

Hello

(german version see below)

I'm using XNview 1.66, german, with Win XP prof. and have problems with the "Zoom Window - Function" (I don't know the correct name of this function).

File: tif, B/W, 9251*4260 pixels, 255 kB

View- options: "Fit to window, all images /"

When the tif is displayed in the viewer (not the browser), it is fitted to the window. Pressing the left mouse button I can "draw" a window, and then clicking into the window zooms to this area. That is OK, ...

BUT the problem is: I cannot "make" this zoom window on the right and on the lower area of the image. I can start the window nearly everywhere on the image, but approx. 10% of its width and 10% of its height are "forbidden areas". I can move the mouse to these areas, but the border of the zoom window stops at an invisible border.

BUT the problem can be "solved" (??) when I press the "Zoom +" or the "Zoom -" button after the automatic "fit to window". Then I can make my zoom window whereever I want on the image.

What is happening here?

Peter

German:
Nach dem automatischen Einpassen eines Bildes ist es nicht möglich, am rechten und unteren Bereich (ca. 10% der Fläche) des Bildes ein Zoomfenster aufzuziehen - das Fenster bleibt beim Aufziehen einfach stehen. Erst nach dem "Zoom +" oder "Zoom -" Befehl geht alles bestens.
Kennt jemand das Problem?
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

XNview 1.66?? Why? There is a new/latest version 1.80.3!?
helmut

Re: "Zoom Window" - Bug in v 1.66?

Post by helmut »

Peter2 wrote:...
BUT the problem is: I cannot "make" this zoom window on the right and on the lower area of the image. I can start the window nearly everywhere on the image, but approx. 10% of its width and 10% of its height are "forbidden areas". I can move the mouse to these areas, but the border of the zoom window stops at an invisible border.

BUT the problem can be "solved" (??) when I press the "Zoom +" or the "Zoom -" button after the automatic "fit to window". Then I can make my zoom window whereever I want on the image.

What is happening here?

Peter
Peter, most forum members here work with the latest version of XnView. Even if we tracked your problem in 1.66, there would be no special patch for version 1.66.

Please try out the latest version (1.80.3 - with many nice new features) and see whether the problem persists. Thank you.
Peter2
XnThusiast

Post by Peter2 »

Helmut

I updated to version 1.80, and now it works. Thanks.

Peter
XnViewMP 1.6.5 German, XnConvert 1.99, Win 10
helmut

Post by helmut »

Peter2 wrote:I updated to version 1.80, and now it works. Thanks.
Good to hear. :-)