Appearance (Main Window)

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Hakim Antoine Said

Appearance (Main Window)

Post by Hakim Antoine Said »

Hello Every1 :wink:

My intention is Not To Offend, i Just Give My Humble Opinion, And i Try To Make The Appearance Of XnViewMp Much More Sophisticated!... Especially in The Main Window

The interface (The Appearance Of The Main Window) in FastStone image Viewer is Literally A Real Visual Beauty, its Design is Exquisite, Really A Perfect Main interface, Very Well Designed!

in XnView MP, its interface (Main Window Appearance) Doesn't Look Modern, it´s Clunky, Visually Unappealing When Compared To FastStone image Viewer

i Would Fix 3 Things, And... A Few More Tweaks

in The Screenshots i Show Those 3 Things To Fix, And Remember... And Making Some More Tweaks, For A Better Order And Being More Perfect

As i Said Before, i Only Give My Humble Opinion, And Without intending To Offend Anyone, Especially To The Creator Of XnView MP, All My Respects To Him, it Would Be Great To Be Able To Fix Those 3 Things (And Some More Tweaks), And Thus Make XnView MP Much More Modern And Visually Attractive :!:

Thanks So Much For Reading
i Look Forward To Seeing Those Changes And Enjoying it Even More!

Hugs
Attachments
X.png
F.png
Last edited by Hakim Antoine Said on Wed May 03, 2023 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Keep Going :wink:
user0
XnThusiast

Re: Appearance (Main Window)

Post by user0 »

+1
I think FastStone's UI is really good (menu structure,colors,thumbnails), but I can't say the same about its settings.

Speaking about yellow color on your screenshot - you can change it in Settings > File list > Format color tab
Hakim Antoine Said

FastStone image Viewer its interface is Another World
it´s impressive, Awesome, Great, Outstanding
its Structure is Unbelievable... Literally Another World

BUT... i Agree With You, its Settings is Not Complete

XnView Has its Settings Complete, BUT its Main Window Mmmm :evil:

in Fact... XnView its Functions Do Not Go Hand in Hand With The Design Of The interface, it is Rough (Clunky), it is NOT Modern, Literally NOT Visually Appealing

My Words Are Always With Due Respect

Unfortunately it is The Truth About XnView, Archaic interface, Ugly, if Pierre Makes Those Changes With The interface, XnView Would Be LIETARALLY COMPLETE :!:

For Me, Now XnView it is Halfway, That´s The Truth, And i Know A Lot Of People Think Like Me, That´s For Sure :!: But it Can Fix it :mrgreen:

About Settings > File List > Format Color Tab... Gr8 user0, it Works, Thanks :wink:

Now Only 2 Left For Making Changes With The interface And A Few More Tweaks And That´s All :wink:
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

you means about vertical lines for folder panel, right? It's like windows explorer
Pierre.
Hakim Antoine Said

xnview wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:13 am you means about vertical lines for folder panel, right? It's like windows explorer
Hi Pierre :wink: Thanks A Lot For Replying
My Windows Explorer Doesn´t Has Vertical Lines HaHaHa :mrgreen:

First

Please Take A Look At The interface Of FastStone image Viewer, its Windows Explorer Has Vertical Lines, When Someone Double Click On A Folder, it Will Drop Down And Shows The Path With Vertical Lines, That´s The idea, XnViewMP Doesn´t Has Vertical Lines When You Double Click On A Folder

Second....

XnView its Thumbnail icons Are Square, FastStone image Viewer icons Are Rounded Corners

Third

Again Take A Look At The interface Of FastStone image Viewer, it Has A Perfect Order in Everything, Please Take A Look At The Attachment image Of FastStone image Viewer, And Look Below... it Shows Details But in Order, How Many Folder Have (But it Shows it in order, Below its Square), The Same For... How Many Files Are, And if You Wath Below The Big image, it Shows Details Of The image in Order, FastStone Has A Perfect Order in Everything , including When Shows Details Of The image, if XnView Had That Order And Vertical Lines When You Double Click On A Folder And Thumbnails With Rounded Corners, XnView Would Be Perfect, Literally Perfect :!:

My intention is To Help, Not Criticize, And Always With Due Respect :wink:
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Hakim Antoine Said wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:35 pm
Again Take A Look At The interface Of FastStone image Viewer, it Has A Perfect Order in Everything, Please Take A Look At The Attachment image Of FastStone image Viewer, And Look Below... it Shows Details But in Order, How Many Folder Have (But it Shows it in order, Below its Square), The Same For... How Many Files Are, And if You Wath Below The Big image, it Shows Details Of The image in Order, FastStone Has A Perfect Order in Everything , including When Shows Details Of The image, if XnView Had That Order And Vertical Lines When You Double Click On A Folder And Thumbnails With Rounded Corners, XnView Would Be Perfect, Literally Perfect :!:
Sorry but i don't understand, 'in order'??
Pierre.
Hakim Antoine Said

Here i Send 2 Attachments, it is Clearly Detailed! 8)

:wink:
Attachments
XnViewMP.png
FastStone image Viewer.png
Last edited by Hakim Antoine Said on Mon May 08, 2023 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hakim Antoine Said

i Really Love XnViewMP :wink: But.... in The Main Window... it Needs A Lot Of Tweaking And Fixing

it Should Be More Modern And More Visually Appealing

As i Said Before, The Powerful Options Of The Software Do Not Go Hand in Hand With The interface.

it Really Needs Tweaking And Fixing

if XnViewMP Had That Order And Vertical Lines When You Double Click On A Folder And Thumbnails With Rounded Corners, (...And Some More Tweaks...) XnViewMP Would Be Perfect, Literally Perfect :!:
XnUser404

Post by XnUser404 »

I agree with the above, if the xnview interface still needs to be customized, then faststone is very good right out of box. But xnview has more advanced settings + an open community. In future, I think xnview will take main position.
---------------------
And i ask developers to pay attention to behavior of window with explorer open; it is necessary to make sure that when scaling the window, only the thumbnail changes, and not the list of files (as is implemented in faststone). Let's make XnView the best! :)
Hakim Antoine Said

We are almost 1 year since I published this and the XnView MP interface is still disorganized :shock:

I try to help as much as I can to make XnView MP more powerful and visually attractive but I don't see the developer's part in making this happen :?

I make a lot of advice and requests to help but few have been taken into consideration

I don't know what to say :(

I don't want to look for other alternatives but I am forced to do so

I would like to know please what the developer thinks

thank you so much
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

UI changes like these need more users feedback. You use one layout not used by all users.
Pierre.
Hakim Antoine Said

xnview wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:16 am UI changes like these need more users feedback. You use one layout not used by all users.
Hello Pierre

It's not about that, it's about aesthetics, order, something visual, and I assure you that almost 100% agree with me

with the respect you deserve... what attracts attention is through the eyes, and the aesthetics of XnViewMP are far from being visually beautiful software

XnView MP is a chaos visually, everything is messy and everything together, it needs order in terms of image specifications, all the information it shows about an image is completely together and disordered, among other things that are also poorly constructed

The power of XnView MP is not in line with the visual section, it is sad but it is pure reality

I sincerely hope that one day you will be able to perfect those details that make the difference!

my respects!