Are my settings off?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ristretto6

Are my settings off?

Post by ristretto6 »

I have XNView installed on two different computers, but the user experience on each is completely different. The 2 major problems I'm having right now are:

1) When I open a file (i.e. hit Enter while I'm scrolling through the gallery view), it does open full screen, but then I can no longer use the left/right arrow keys to navigate from one photo to the next

2) Even though I have the Preview Pane open, no videos ever seem to play, whether I just scroll through them, or even if I try to open them by hitting Enter.

Are there some settings I need to tweak in this installation in order to make these two things work?

Thanks!
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Are my settings off?

Post by xnview »

ristretto6 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:37 pm 1) When I open a file (i.e. hit Enter while I'm scrolling through the gallery view), it does open full screen, but then I can no longer use the left/right arrow keys to navigate from one photo to the next
2) Even though I have the Preview Pane open, no videos ever seem to play, whether I just scroll through them, or even if I try to open them by hitting Enter.
on Windows?
Pierre.
ristretto6

Post by ristretto6 »

Yes, sorry, Windows 10 on an HP Envy.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

If you hit F11, are you able to use left/right arrow? what do you have in Settings>Interface>Keyboard?
Pierre.
ristretto6

Post by ristretto6 »

No, when I hit F11, it goes to fullscreen mode but nothing else changes--not able to use the left/right arrow keys.

When I go to Tools-->Options, these are the settings for Keyboard/Mouse:
Attachments
image.png
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Your display is different from mine, you are using XnView MP not XnView Classic?

In 'MP Tools > Settings... > Interface -- Keyboard tab 'Left/Right' should be set to 'Previous/Next file' to be able to step through images in a directory.

I hope that is not creating confusion!
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

ristretto6

Post by ristretto6 »

Oh, interesting. It actually also looks different from the installations on my other laptops which seem to work fine. So which should I be using, XNView, or XNView Classic?
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

ristretto6 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:19 am So which should I be using, XNView, or XNView Classic?
XnView MP is the future, so if you are starting probably best to install that... :D
ristretto6

Post by ristretto6 »

That seemed to do the trick! Thanks so much!