Version 0.99.1 64bits - CTRL-Shift-V not working

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

anja.wunderlich

Version 0.99.1 64bits - CTRL-Shift-V not working

Post by anja.wunderlich »

XnView: Version 0.99.1 64bits (Sep 23 2021)

"Einfügen als neues Bild" (insert clipboard as new image) with ctrl-chift-v is not working. Nothing happens on using shortcut. Function works fine when using the menu option e.g. by mouse click

Effect: Keyboard Shortcut not working

To reproduce:
1. make screenshot with PrtScr or copy any other image in the clipboard
2. use CTRL-SHIFT-V in the program, nothing happens
3. use "Bearbeiten, Einfügen als neues Bild" (Edit/insert as new image) from the dropdown menus, it works

Expected behaviour: creating new image should work with using the keyboard shortcut, not only the menu item.
anja.wunderlich

Re: Version 0.99.1 64bits - CTRL-Shift-V not working

Additional information:
When trying to change the shortcut in the options, it is not possible to enter ctrl-shift-v. Function works ok if I use ctrl-alt-v or ctrl-shift-d for example, but trying to use ctrl-shift-v promts an error message as it tries to use ctrl-v instead. the shift key is apparently ignored in that case (curiously its not ignored with other letters like ctrl-shift-d)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

I can't reproduce, it works correctly on french keyboard
Pierre.
anja.wunderlich

Ok, maybe some setting of windows or some other app interfering with that keyboard shortcut?
anja.wunderlich

I tried around and sadly the problem persists. I can use the key combination when I have an image open and then it copies the clipboard inside the imgage, but that essentially is the same als CTRL-V. So SHIFT key seems to be ignored. This is in
XnView MP Windows
Version 0.99.1 64bits (Sep 23 2021)

Libformat version 7.95

What else I tried was: Assign a different shortcut - this works if I use for example CTRL-ALT-V instead. Also CTRL-SHIFT-F or any other key seem to work, but if I try to use CTRL-SHIFT-V in the custom shortcut field, it will only show up as CTRL-V. So clearly the function in the program is working, my keyboard is working as well. One thing I noticed though, MS-Office has a function to use CTRL-SHIFT-V to "insert without formatting". This works in Office programs like Excel and I use it frequently (so the key combination itself is recognized by Windows). Could it be that this MS Office function (or is it a Windows 10 function?) interferes somehow?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

you have perhaps a tray program that use Ctrl+Shift+V?
Pierre.
anja.wunderlich

I did not find any other program blocking the CTRL-SHIFT-V - except maybe MS Office, which uses it for "insert without formatting" and which is running in the background.
However something else I noticed: I use now the CTRL-ALT-V instead because I can assign this to the function. However it only works when I am in the file list view. If I have an image open , it will not create a new image with the content of the clipboard. This does work in XNView on another Win 10 computer I have (which also accepts CTRL-SHIFT-V by the way)