Window in background - XnView Options

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Window in background - XnView Options

Post by Guest »

i need help with XnView viewer. i am not able to set this properly. after double-click tbe picture associated with XnView it opens in a window. thats ok. but there appears one more window at the background. WHY? any way to disable this?
and one more question. i tried to set up the viewer the way it displays the pictures in 100% zomm and only those that are larger than my screen reduce to fit the screen. i tried what i thought is right but have not succeeded. can someone tall me exactly what and where to set up? thanks a lot.
helmut

Re: XnView viewer properties - MDI?!

Post by helmut »

I think that what you are experiencing is the MDI behaviour of XnView. MDI stands for Multi Document Interface, which basically means that you can have multiple child documents in one (parent) window.

Normally, the user does not "see" the MDI behaviour of XnView, since the child windows are all maximized and the user thus always sees just one single window. But once you press the "Reduce" (not quite sure whether this is the correct name) symbol in the top right corner, the window is shown in reduced in size and the other child windows become visible: For example, there is the browser window.

If you want to switch back to (sort of) Non-MDI behaviour and use one window, only, just click on the maximize symbol in the top right corner of one of the child windows (it's the symbol in the middle of the three symbols, rest the mouse on the symbols to see the tool tip and found out about their meaning).

Hope this helps to clarify things and "restore" your XnView settings.
Last edited by helmut on Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Maybe I layed my question incorrectly. i know that maximizing the picture window in a viewer window solves the problem. but the point of my question was: is it possible to maximize the picture window in XnView viewer window as a default option? without needs to do it manually each time I double-click a picture?
helmut

Post by helmut »

Anonymous wrote:... is it possible to maximize the picture window in XnView viewer window as a default option? without needs to do it manually each time i doble-clik a picture?
Once you have a child window of XnView maximized, from then on, all other child windows will be maximized, too. And this will not change unless you use the "Reduce" symbol, again. So I am not quite clear what your problem is.

:idea: XnView has many settings to fit individual needs, perhaps this one helps:
In the Options dialog, category "View" set the "Maximize view when open".
Last edited by helmut on Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crazytb

Re: XnView viewer properties - MDI?!

Post by crazytb »

helmut wrote:Normally, the user does not see the MDI behaviour of XnView, since the child windows are all maximized and the user thus always sees just one single window. But once you press the "Reduce" (not quite sure whether this is the correct name) symbol in the top right corner, (snip)
The buttons are named "Minimize", "Restore", "Maximize".

Unfortunately, I don't know how to help him.