Select x amount of files in browser

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Usil

Select x amount of files in browser

Post by Usil »

I was wondering if there is some way to select a predetermined amount of images in the browser window? Either with a keyboard combination or function key or something.

I shoot spherical panoramic images and when I'm sorting the bracketed images, I would love to be able to select each pano 'set' at once. Something like pressing CTRL+1 would select the first 21 shots in the browser window. That would allow me to move them into the correct folder without having to click-shift click to select the whole pano set.

I hope this makes sense?
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Select x amount of files in browser

Post by cday »

Usil wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:41 pm I was wondering if there is some way to select a predetermined amount of images in the browser window? Either with a keyboard combination or function key or something.

I shoot spherical panoramic images and when I'm sorting the bracketed images, I would love to be able to select each pano 'set' at once. Something like pressing CTRL+1 would select the first 21 shots in the browser window. That would allow me to move them into the correct folder without having to click-shift click to select the whole pano set.

I very much doubt if there is a way of doing that, although I would be very happy to be proven wrong if someone has a solution! :wink:

However, I think you could easily do what you want using a scripting utility such as AutoHotkey or AutoIt : if nothing else, you could assign a script to a keyboard shortcut that sends 20 right-arrow key presses to select the additional files in the browser...
Usil

Re: Select x amount of files in browser

Post by Usil »

cday wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:00 pm
I very much doubt if there is a way of doing that, although I would be very happy to be proven wrong if someone has a solution! :wink:

However, I think you could easily do what you want using a scripting utility such as AutoHotkey or AutoIt : if nothing else, you could assign a script to a keyboard shortcut that sends 20 right-arrow key presses to select the additional files in the browser...
That is not a bad suggestion at all. Thanks. I will look into that as an option. See if there is an easy way to achieve what I want with one of those types of programs.