0.93.1 in fullscreen, shortcut for browse does not go to browse

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

GeorgD

0.93.1 in fullscreen, shortcut for browse does not go to browse

Post by GeorgD »

XnView: MP 0.93.1 64bits (Mar 6 2019)

I unzipped XnViewMP, started and confirmed that settings > interface > shortcuts contain
  1. browser mode > compare has shortcut Shift+C
  2. browser mode > fullscreen has shortcut F11
  3. viewer mode > browse has shortcut Ctrl+B
  4. viewer mode > curves has shortcut Shift+C
Actual behaviour (bug):
  1. In the thumbail list, I selected 2 images, pressed Shift+C and compare opened, i.e. shortcuts for browse mode apply.
  2. In the thumbail list, I selected 1 image, pressed F11 and fullscreen opened, then pressed Shift+C and curves opened, i.e. shortcuts for view mode apply. I switched do another image by page down, but pressing Ctrl+B did not lead to thumbail list / browse view :bug: Workaround: It worked with Esc.
  3. In the thumbail list, I selected 1 image, pressed enter and the image is opened (not fullscreen but big), then pressed Shift+C and curves opened, i.e. shortcuts for view mode apply. I switched do another image by page down and pressing Ctrl+B did lead to thumbail list / browse view.
  4. Like #3 but after switching to another image, I press F11 so I am in same fullscreen like in #2 but CTRL+B works like in #3
Expected behaviour: case 2 and 3 behave both like case 3, i.e. in viewer mode, shortcut for "browse" shall always go to the thumbnail list.

Similar behavior for F12 - in #1, #3 and #4 the settings are opened, in #2 not.

=> nothing severe due to the well feasible workaround, but another example that something is not yet working properly in shortcuts management.
In the XnView Wiki, you can improve the user guide / documentation / F1-help for XnView (classic/Windows) and for XnViewMP
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.93.1 in fullscreen, shortcut for browse does not go to browse

Post by xnview »

there is no Ctrl+B shortcut by default to return on browser
Pierre.
GeorgD

Post by GeorgD »

Correct, not by default, but I have configured settings > interface > shortcuts > viewer mode > browse to Ctrl+B. In the initial post, I wrote "confirmed" but you can read as "configured" :)
In the XnView Wiki, you can improve the user guide / documentation / F1-help for XnView (classic/Windows) and for XnViewMP
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

See issue for current status and some details.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.94. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.