Disable new version check

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Spirit_gmr

Disable new version check

Post by Spirit_gmr »

Greetings colleagues. Tell me how to install the program to specify that it does not check for new versions on the site and does not display this message when the application starts.
Thank you in advance
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: Disable new version check

Post by XnTriq »

Hi Spirit_gmr (-:

ToolsOptions…System IntegrationIntegrationCheck update [ Never ]
Spirit_gmr

Post by Spirit_gmr »

XnTriq wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:15 pm Hi Spirit_gmr (-:

ToolsOptions…System IntegrationIntegrationCheck update [ Never ]
Thanks for your reply. Maybe I did not quite correctly ask the question, with which key did I mean, or is it possible to install with the answer file with the pre-set parameter "never check"
best regards
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Spirit_gmr wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:23 amMaybe I did not quite correctly ask the question, with which key did I mean, or is it possible to install with the answer file with the pre-set parameter "never check"

You wish to install XnView Classic on multiple computers, configured so that it never checks for updates?

If you use the installer, doing that directly would require a custom version of the installer, I think, which is unlikely to be practical.

However, after installing the standard version you could copy an edited version of the .ini file to each computer, if that would meet your needs.

If you can use the ZIP download, it should be possible to include an edited version of the ini file directly in the files copied to each computer.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Spirit_gmr wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:23 am[…] is it possible to install with the answer file with the pre-set parameter "never check"
XnView's EXE installer is based on Inno Setup which seems to check update.txt for the most recent version.
According to the online help, there's a command-line parameter for “instructing setup to suppress message boxes”.