0.93.1: Browser ceases to work after extracting an archive

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

Asam

0.93.1: Browser ceases to work after extracting an archive

Post by Asam »

XnView: MP 0.93.1 - 64 bit

Browser ceases to work after extracting an archive.

Effect: Browser stops working

To reproduce:
I'm at a directory which contains an archive. I open it by pressing enter. 7-zip opens, as it should. I extract the contents of the archive to the current directory and exit 7-zip.

Actual behaviour (bug):
XnViewMP does not detect the new files. Instead, it enters a state where the browser cannot really be used. The browser does not react to left mouse clicks. The menus still work and right mouse button works - it is possible e.g. to create a new directory. However, arrow keys do not work. If I create a new directory, it is highlighted. Pressing an arrow key removes the highlighting and further presses do nothing. Other keys such as backspace or F7 do work.

If I then exit and restart XnViewMP, it has forgotten the configured browser layout (columns and their widths).

This seems to happen every time I do this. Also, it seems I can trigger the same state by adding new files to the current directory using other methods (outside of XnViewMP) as well.

Expected behaviour:
Browser continues to work properly. Layout is not forgotten.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.93.1: Browser ceases to work after extracting an archive

Post by xnview »

which format are added in the folder?
Pierre.
Asam

Re: 0.93.1: Browser ceases to work after extracting an archive

Post by Asam »

I believe this happened at least with flacs as well as some video files.
Curiously, I can't seem to be able to reproduce the issue now, although on Sunday it happened repeatedly (even after reboot, I think).