Categories greyed out and no IPTC data

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

PhilEvans

Categories greyed out and no IPTC data

Post by PhilEvans »

Using XnViewMP 0.93.1 (64 bit) on my Macbook, I've just added some new photos and when I try to categorise them, all the categories are greyed out, when a photo is selected (see attached screen shot). (If I select an old, already tagged photo, it becomes active).

I have never seen this before, but can't find a solution.

Possibly related: although I have ticked the checkbox in preferences to export data to the IPTC keyword, this doesn't seem to happen. At least, the built-in IPTC browser shows no categories set for any files, nor does a Perl script I wrote to dump IPTC data. I have tried "update files from DB" but to no avail.

This used to all work fine, including dumping to IPTC, so I'm not sure whether I'm doing something odd, or if the latest update broke something?
Attachments
ss.jpg
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Categories greyed out and no IPTC data

Post by xnview »

could you send me sample file?
Pierre.
PhilEvans

Post by PhilEvans »

Sure. Attached is one of the only ones small enough for this forum to let me attach it; let me know how to send you bigger ones if you need them. Thanks
Attachments
FieldFare041.tif
(467.05 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

PhilEvans wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:59 pm Sure. Attached is one of the only ones small enough for this forum to let me attach it; let me know how to send you bigger ones if you need them.
I can't reproduce, you can send me the original to contact @ xnview . com
If you select another file, same thing?
Pierre.