Hot folders without auto processing

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

Zanith

Hot folders without auto processing

Post by Zanith »

Hi! First of all, want to say thanks for the software, it's just invaluable even for a hobbyist.

I was wondering, if it's possible to use hot folders without automatic processing. What I mean is it would be great if it was possible to add image to the watched folder and it would automatically appear in the list of input files, but processing would not be triggered until I press the "convert" button. The way it works now, if I want to rename the image, I need to rename it in some not-watched folder first, and only then copy it over to the hot folder. Alternatively, I have to re-add the parent folder each time I want to add and convert a couple of new images (keeping the folder structure etc).

So, in short, it would be great if there was an option to disable automatic processing for hot folders, only adding new images to the list.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Hot folders without auto processing

Post by xnview »

Great idea, See issue
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Hot folders without auto processing

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.94. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.