Dock the edit window for IPTC

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

SergSA

Dock the edit window for IPTC

Post by SergSA »

I propose to add the ability to pin the IPTC editing window, so as not to call it each time to edit the metadata of the next image.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Dock the edit window for IPTC

Post by xnview »

in edit mode?
Pierre.
SergSA

Post by SergSA »

xnview wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:43 amin edit mode?
Yes, so that you can edit IPTC without invoking a new window.
Carismarkus

Post by Carismarkus »

I just wanted to open a new topic and then I've seen that there is already one :)
Oh yes, this would be a great progress! Especialy (in my case) the IPTC keywords field. With focus on that field even after switching images ("sticky") would speed up many things.
Carismarkus

Post by Carismarkus »

Update: I've just found a software called "iTag" which is only made for Preview + IPTC. But it's definitly far away from the quality of XnView! But the pros: Preview and mass-tagging within one window.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

and why you don't use previous/next in IPTC dialog (from browser mode)?
Pierre.
Carismarkus

Post by Carismarkus »

xnview wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:05 pm and why you don't use previous/next in IPTC dialog (from browser mode)?
This ok for single photos. With the software mentioned above (and with Adobe Bridge CC too as I've found out yesterday, but thats another thing) you can bulk edit these fields for e.g. 20 photos with one click from the thumbnail mode.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Carismarkus wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:01 pm This ok for single photos. With the software mentioned above (and with Adobe Bridge CC too as I've found out yesterday, but thats another thing) you can bulk edit these fields for e.g. 20 photos with one click from the thumbnail mode.
you can do that for multiple photos too with XnView MP
Pierre.
Tehbotol

Post by Tehbotol »

ah i just notice that you can do multiple edit with the IPTC editor but you need to select multiple images first, or else the next & previous button is greyed out
also when you multiple select a images and there is an psd file in one of the selected one then the Edit IPTC menu is greyed out .

so i agree that a possibility to dock the iptc editor will be much more easier to edit multiple images IPTC
xnview wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:00 am
Carismarkus wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:01 pm This ok for single photos. With the software mentioned above (and with Adobe Bridge CC too as I've found out yesterday, but thats another thing) you can bulk edit these fields for e.g. 20 photos with one click from the thumbnail mode.
you can do that for multiple photos too with XnView MP
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Tehbotol wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:38 am ah i just notice that you can do multiple edit with the IPTC editor but you need to select multiple images first, or else the next & previous button is greyed out
also when you multiple select a images and there is an psd file in one of the selected one then the Edit IPTC menu is greyed out .
If the menu was not greyed, and next&previous button works even you select one file, will be better?
Pierre.
Tehbotol

Post by Tehbotol »

yes it's definitely better but in my opinion it's much better to have the option to dock it like the categories section
but the prev-next without then need to select multiple file is okay compared to now.
xnview wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:25 am
Tehbotol wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:38 am ah i just notice that you can do multiple edit with the IPTC editor but you need to select multiple images first, or else the next & previous button is greyed out
If the menu was not greyed, and next&previous button works even you select one file, will be better?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

ok, and for you dock IPTC in Edit mode is better than having IPTC pane in browser mode?
Pierre.
Tehbotol

Post by Tehbotol »

ah sorry i do meant it's better to have IPTC Pane in browser mode
and maybe enable prev/next in edit mode without the need to select the images first
xnview wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:52 am ok, and for you dock IPTC in Edit mode is better than having IPTC pane in browser mode?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Tehbotol wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:38 am ah sorry i do meant it's better to have IPTC Pane in browser mode
Sorry but which is better, IPTC dialog as pane in browser or edit mode?
Pierre.
Tehbotol

Post by Tehbotol »

IPTC dialog as pane in browser mode seem better
xnview wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:51 am
Tehbotol wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:38 am ah sorry i do meant it's better to have IPTC Pane in browser mode
Sorry but which is better, IPTC dialog as pane in browser or edit mode?