Feature Request: Automatic exposure correction / Copying without intermediate window

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

fishmi

Feature Request: Automatic exposure correction / Copying without intermediate window

Post by fishmi »

First of all: many thanks for this great program.
I mainly use it to view my Fuji Raw files.
It's perfect for this because it's really fast and has the most important functions for selecting and evaluating photos.
For me it is currently the best program for this purpose.

I only miss two points that I would like to add as feature requests:
1. Automatic exposure correction
Since I often have to view underexposed RAW files, I use the gamma correction in the settings to brighten them up. But this is not optimal for displaying the photos.
A better proof of the photos would be possible by correcting the exposure. Correcting this each time using the existing dialog is too time-consuming (often several hundred photos have to be viewed).
Therefore I would like to see - analogous to gamma correction - a possibility to set an exposure correction in the settings (up to a maximum of + 5ev).

2. Copying photos without intermediate window
Since I mostly work with Capture One sessions, it would be very helpful if there were a way to copy photos to a predefined folder (using keyboard shortcuts) without having to confirm a dialog every time.

It would be great if these two requests could be taken into account.

Martin
fishmi

Re: Feature Request: Automatic exposure correction / Copying without intermediate window

Post by fishmi »

I would like to modify/extend my request a little bit:

The following enhancement would be much better and more useful:
Instead of the gamma correction and the desired exposure correction, it should be possible to save the corrections made to an image under "Brightness, Contrast, Gamma, Color Balance ..." under an individual name and automatically apply these corrections (by name) to the following images (like the existing gamma correction)
Of course always without having to save the raw files, this is the decisive point for the fast viewing of RAW files.
That would be perfect.
I hope that is so understandable.
And I am sure that I am not alone with this wish.
The "FastRaw Viewer" has done that in a way (setting "Like previous image"), but unfortunately only for the exposure.
And XnView MP is much faster and more precise (less noise) when displaying RAW files than FastRaw Viewer.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Feature Request: Automatic exposure correction / Copying without intermediate window

Post by xnview »

you can save a preset, but if i understand you correctly, you don't want to open the dialog, right?
Pierre.
fishmi

Post by fishmi »

Yes, that's correct and it's also very important that the preset is applied immediately to each new photo without me having to select the preset every time. At the same time I set "Never" under "Save modified file" and then I could very quickly browse the corrected photos.
That would be the goal. :)
fishmi

Post by fishmi »

If I could unashamedly add something:
* the maximum setting for exposure (100) is sometimes a bit too low at the moment: would a maximum of + 5 eV be possible?
* the absolute frenzy would be it if the preset can be selected directly in the viewer (via a selectbox at the icons)

Thank you very much.