Viewer - Fit image to specific dimensions or sizes

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

menkatek

Viewer - Fit image to specific dimensions or sizes

Post by menkatek »

Hi xnview. As a follow-up to this old post, I wanted to make a formal request and simplify my words. What I'm humbly looking for is the ability to fit images into specific sizes, rather than the program's window proportions. Perhaps somewhere to set the pixel height and width, or just offering a list of common resolutions (e.g. 1920x1080, 1280x720) would suffice. At the moment, I have to edit images and resize them smaller within a black background. Thank you for your consideration.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Viewer - Fit image to specific dimensions or sizes

Post by xnview »

currently it's not possible on XnViewMP...
Pierre.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

xnview wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:39 pm currently it's not possible on XnViewMP...
Hi, Pierre.

I have alike wishes as menkatek.

I'm using MP for selecting photos from single DSLR, so in this case I've found for me is suitable to reduce viewing image size to 15% - till image borders became large enough to isolate the image from context ( preview and full-screen also). MP already have 'lock zoom' feature but It not covered by saved profile and at the next launch I see 'fit to window' image again.

So I would kindly ask you to implement these features:
1. Store 'zoom ration' in settings ( separately for full-screen viewer and preview windows )
2. Specify border size for viewing ( in present or pixels )

WBR,
Wlad.
cpmurphyus

Post by cpmurphyus »

+1 for this

-Craig