Create multi-page PDF from scanned images

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

poleras

Create multi-page PDF from scanned images

Post by poleras »

Hi, is there a way to create a multi-page pdf from opened images? I need this because I'm getting the images from the scanner, and i don´t want/need to save them first. Thanks in advance!
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Create multi-page PDF from opened images

Post by cday »

poleras wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:48 pm Hi, is there a way to create a multi-page pdf from opened images? I need this because I'm getting the images from the scanner, and i don´t want/need to save them first. Thanks in advance!
Yes, in the file browser, but I can't give you the exact menu item immediately as I don't have XnView Classic installed on this computer.

In XnView MP it's Create > Multi-page file... which should be a guide.
poleras

Post by poleras »

cday wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:12 pm
Yes, in the file browser, but I can't give you the exact menu item immediately as I don't have XnView Classic installed on this computer.

In XnView MP it's Create > Multi-page file... which should be a guide.
Hi cday, yes, I know that, but (correct me if I'm wrong) for a file to appear in the browser, it should´ve been saved first, which is precisely what I'm trying to avoid. I just want to scan several images and generate the multi-page directly from there, without having to save each scan previously
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

I'm not immediately sure what you mean by opened images.

If your scanner software doesn't provide an option to scan to a multi-page file, you could look at scanning using the XnView [Classic or MP] TWAIN facility, but I think that will probably just open the usual scanner interface. I don't have a scanner easily accessible to look.
poleras

Post by poleras »

cday wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:05 pm I'm not immediately sure what you mean by opened images.
My mistake, what I tried to say was images that are not saved yet (ie, an image pasted from the clipboard, or, in this case, acquired from a scanner) In those cases, images in every tab exist only in memory, and I want to make a multi-page from there, without having to save them first. Anyhow, I found a possible solution using the "acquire into..." option which has a checkbox to create a multi-page pdf. I'll try it asap, I think that should work for me.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

poleras wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:41 pm I found a possible solution using the "acquire into..." option which has a checkbox to create a multi-page pdf.
Excellent, I couldn't have a look myself as it needs a scanner attached. :D