Keyboard shortcuts for rating and labelling - missing

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

B.Douille

Keyboard shortcuts for rating and labelling - missing

Post by B.Douille »

I was surprised I can't use my keyboard anymore to set/change ratings. For example I use to press Ctrl+4 or Ctrl+2 to upgrade or downgrade a picture in view of a selection.

Can you have a look?
This worked fine up to version MP 0.88 but in versions 0.89 and 0.90 it has no effect. I have this on 2 machines (Win Seven and Win 10).

DBa
Daniel, promoting XnView since 2004, moved to MP (exclusively) years ago (Platform Windows and Linux Ubuntu)
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Keyboard shortcuts for rating and labelling - missing

Post by xnview »

it works, but i need to use Ctrl+Shift+5 (or Ctrl+5 with numeric key)
Pierre.
B.Douille

Post by B.Douille »

For French keyboard you need Shift to get the figures 0-9. I just tried at work with a U.S keyboard and it works.
There is something linked with Keyboard layout. From Regional Setting you can add Keyboard US and then change in the taskbar as you like.
Daniel, promoting XnView since 2004, moved to MP (exclusively) years ago (Platform Windows and Linux Ubuntu)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

B.Douille wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:22 pm For French keyboard you need Shift to get the figures 0-9. I just tried at work with a U.S keyboard and it works.
There is something linked with Keyboard layout. From Regional Setting you can add Keyboard US and then change in the taskbar as you like.
yes we need to press Ctrl+Shift+5 on french keyboard, and in 0.88 Ctrl+5.
So some change in QT lib, i contact them
Pierre.
B.Douille

Post by B.Douille »

On top of this, I just noticed that changing the rating in the View mode doesn't save them. Back to the Browser the ratings are back to previous state.
In Browser and in Full Screen mode it's ok, values are saved.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

in view mode you change the edited image, so saving is needed
Pierre.
B.Douille

Post by B.Douille »

We should not have to save just for a rating. It worked fine up to v0.88 and now it keeps the rating in Full Screen but it doesn't in View mode.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

B.Douille wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:01 pm We should not have to save just for a rating. It worked fine up to v0.88 and now it keeps the rating in Full Screen but it doesn't in View mode.
work in 0.88??
Pierre.
B.Douille

Post by B.Douille »

Yes
B.Douille

Post by B.Douille »

More precisely, after some tests:
The Issue with keyboard shortcut, needing a shift+number with a French keyboard is confirmed with v0.90 (it works fine on v0.88)

The issue with changing the rating in the View mode is inconsistent showing different behavior both in v0.88 and v0.90. It's a different bug, maybe related to database or refreshing the browser display. Would you like I open a different topic for this?
Confirmed the issue only happens in View mode. The most simple to reproduce is to:
- Set a rating being in the browser and check at the star, the property tab and the XMP: They are all changed and consistent
- Open the image in view mode, change the rating (the star change) and press escape or close the image tab
- Look at the star on the thumbnail and the rating in the property tab and the XMP: They are inconsistent, some or all are unchanged
GeorgD

Post by GeorgD »

In the XnView Wiki, you can improve the user guide / documentation / F1-help for XnView (classic/Windows) and for XnViewMP