XnConvert Load Script not using specified font saved in the script

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

DoubleD

XnConvert Load Script not using specified font saved in the script

Post by DoubleD »

I just installed XnConvrt on a new PC. I load a script that I had and I noticed that the font was not the one I used when I saved the script.

I then realized that I never installed the font on this new PC. I install the font, I exit xnConvert, restart xconvert and load the script template. The fonts are not there. Not sure if this is normal behavior or not.

I can manually re-select the font that was added but I would think that it should have been saved in the template
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnConvert Load Script not using specified font saved in teh sript

Post by xnview »

i can't reproduce, could you send me the script, please?
Pierre.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

xnview wrote:i can't reproduce, could you send me the script, please?
Sure - I'm not sure how to send it to you but I run a cloud server at home so I put the script there and shared it

You can pick up the file there - it is htps and self certified so you'll get a warning because I didn't pay the elite for a certificate authenticating me

Link:
https://mystuff.onmypc.net/f/41b448c58c/
Direct Download Link:
https://mystuff.onmypc.net/f/41b448c58c/?dl=1
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

Here's the content of the script. I do see that my font is named in the script.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><XnView_script version="1.0" name="XnConvert-Script">
<Automatic_levels/>
<Automatic_contrast/>
<Text text="> Venue: Cheshire High School Music In Motion Oct. 7 2017 " position="6" marginX="1" marginY="-10" angle="0" fontName="Melody Maker Notes Only" fontSize="1.65" isBold="true" isItalic="true" isUnderline="false" isStrike="false" align="0" fontUnit="1" textColor="#ffffff" textOpacity="100" useBorder="false" borderColor="#000000" borderOpacity="100" borderSize="1" useFill="false" fillColor="#000000" fillOpacity="100" useOutline="true" outlineColor="#000000" outlineSize="0.5" useShadow="false" shadowColor="#000000" shadowOffsetY="1" shadowOffsetX="1" shadowBlur="0"/>
<Text text="{\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\}" position="6" marginX="0" marginY="-1" angle="0" fontName="Melody Maker" fontSize="8.1" isBold="true" isItalic="false" isUnderline="false" isStrike="false" align="1" fontUnit="1" textColor="#000000" textOpacity="100" useBorder="false" borderColor="#000000" borderOpacity="100" borderSize="1" useFill="false" fillColor="#000000" fillOpacity="100" useOutline="false" outlineColor="#ffffff" outlineSize="1" useShadow="false" shadowColor="#000000" shadowOffsetY="3" shadowOffsetX="3" shadowBlur="0"/>
<Text text="% ~ Cheshire High School Exhibition 81.925" position="6" marginX="5" marginY="-4" angle="0" fontName="Melody Maker Notes Only" fontSize="4" isBold="true" isItalic="true" isUnderline="false" isStrike="false" align="0" fontUnit="1" textColor="#ffffff" textOpacity="100" useBorder="false" borderColor="#000000" borderOpacity="100" borderSize="1" useFill="false" fillColor="#000000" fillOpacity="100" useOutline="true" outlineColor="#000000" outlineSize="0.7" useShadow="false" shadowColor="#000000" shadowOffsetY="3" shadowOffsetX="3" shadowBlur="0"/>
<Text text="+ Best Music, Best Visual" position="6" marginX="2" marginY="0" angle="0" fontName="Melody Maker Notes Only" fontSize="1.65" isBold="true" isItalic="true" isUnderline="false" isStrike="false" align="0" fontUnit="1" textColor="#ffffff" textOpacity="100" useBorder="false" borderColor="#000000" borderOpacity="100" borderSize="1" useFill="false" fillColor="#000000" fillOpacity="100" useOutline="true" outlineColor="#000000" outlineSize="0.5" useShadow="false" shadowColor="#000000" shadowOffsetY="3" shadowOffsetX="3" shadowBlur="0"/>
<Text text="©" position="8" marginX="-20" marginY="-2" angle="0" fontName="Melody Maker Notes Only" fontSize="1.25" isBold="true" isItalic="true" isUnderline="false" isStrike="false" align="0" fontUnit="1" textColor="#ffffff" textOpacity="100" useBorder="false" borderColor="#000000" borderOpacity="100" borderSize="1" useFill="false" fillColor="#000000" fillOpacity="100" useOutline="true" outlineColor="#000000" outlineSize="0.2" useShadow="false" shadowColor="#000000" shadowOffsetY="3" shadowOffsetX="3" shadowBlur="0"/>
<Text text="2017" position="8" marginX="-18" marginY="-1" angle="0" fontName="Melody Maker Notes Only" fontSize="1.25" isBold="false" isItalic="true" isUnderline="false" isStrike="false" align="0" fontUnit="1" textColor="#ffffff" textOpacity="100" useBorder="false" borderColor="#000000" borderOpacity="100" borderSize="1" useFill="false" fillColor="#000000" fillOpacity="100" useOutline="true" outlineColor="#000000" outlineSize="0.2" useShadow="false" shadowColor="#000000" shadowOffsetY="3" shadowOffsetX="3" shadowBlur="0"/>
<Text text="Domenic Disorbo" position="8" marginX="-1" marginY="-1" angle="0" fontName="Melody Maker Notes Only" fontSize="2.2" isBold="true" isItalic="true" isUnderline="false" isStrike="false" align="2" fontUnit="1" textColor="#ffffff" textOpacity="100" useBorder="false" borderColor="#000000" borderOpacity="100" borderSize="1" useFill="false" fillColor="#000000" fillOpacity="100" useOutline="true" outlineColor="#000000" outlineSize="0.3" useShadow="false" shadowColor="#000000" shadowOffsetY="3" shadowOffsetX="3" shadowBlur="0"/>
<Output folder="H:/USBands/Cheshire/ADJ" filename="Image-###" case="0" startIndex="1" format="JPEG">
<Options overwrite="1" orgDate="true" keepMeta="true" keepICC="true" keepFolder="false" keepParentFolder="false" delOrg="false" multipage="false" allPages="false" openExplorer="false" openBrowser="false" clearItems="false"/>
<JPEG quality="80" progressive="false" optimizeHuffman="false" rebuildThumb="true" orgQuality="false" DCTMethod="0" subSampling="0" smoothFactor="0"/>
</Output>
</XnView_script>
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

I have not 'Melody Maker', but if i replace by a font from my system, all is good.
All text actions have the same problem?
Pierre.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

xnview wrote:I have not 'Melody Maker', but if i replace by a font from my system, all is good.
All text actions have the same problem?
Hmmm - it happened to me on two systems, both windows 10. These were new windows 10 installs. I downloaded & install xnconvert (not xnview or xnviewmp) downloaded my saved script file BUT I forgot to install the font. I startup xnconvert and notice that my text font is not what I expect it to be. I realize that I did not install this font on this new machine so I exit xnconvert and I install the font. I restart xnconvert. One of the systems I had re-select the font on all texts. On the other system one or two (I forget now) had the correct font Melody maker and a couple of my other texts did not so I had to re-select them. It could be a windows 10 issue.

No worries just wanted to report it in case there was something wrong.

Thanks