0.84: Cannot change shortcut for fullscreen viewer

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

eliio

0.84: Cannot change shortcut for fullscreen viewer

Post by eliio »

Hello,
I can not change shortcut for "Fit to window" for fullscreen Viewer. I'm trying to reassign "/" from it to "Fit to window, large only" to simulate XnView smart behavior (for Fullscreen) when I could switch between "Fit to screen" to 100% and back to "Fit to screen" for larger images, and (!) when I go to a next file (still in fullscreen) which smaller than the screen it displayed at 100% (true pixels).
Now in MP this switches me between 100% and "Fit to window" (no matter for large or small images). So I'm trying to reassign "/" for the Viewer and the Browser to "Fit to window, large only". But when I go to fullscreen the key refuses to unbind from "Fit to window". I can see it in the right click menu. So I have a double: "/" is bound both to "Fit to window" and "Fit to window, large only". At that point the key doesn't work and I cannot change it back to defaults. I think it's a bug.
Last edited by eliio on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best,
Elisei
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Cannot change shortcut for fullscreen viewer

Post by xnview »

i have no problem to reassign '/', please send me your default.keys?
Pierre.
eliio

Post by eliio »

Strange, but I've tried to reassign again and now it's ok, the shortcut have changed. Maybe I should restart the machine or it was my antivirus.
Btw, here's the default.keys:
Attachments
default.zip
(1.46 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Best,
Elisei
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

eliio wrote: Btw, here's the default.keys:
'/' works as 'Fit to window, large only'
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

The problem here might have been the "shortcut tree" which contains keyboard shortcuts for both Browser and Viewer. This is hard to see and therefore error prone and even an inconsistent user interface because in the neighbouring tab "Toolbar" the two modes are split and you switch by using a drop down list.

Such a drop down list for the two modes should be used for the shortcuts, too. Note: Shortcuts can be assigned per mode, so it's sufficient for the user to have an overview of all shortcuts for this mode.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:The problem here might have been the "shortcut tree" which contains keyboard shortcuts for both Browser and Viewer. This is hard to see and therefore error prone and even an inconsistent user interface because in the neighbouring tab "Toolbar" the two modes are split and you switch by using a drop down list.

Such a drop down list for the two modes should be used for the shortcuts, too. Note: Shortcuts can be assigned per mode, so it's sufficient for the user to have an overview of all shortcuts for this mode.
ok, i'll change it
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:The problem here might have been the "shortcut tree" which contains keyboard shortcuts for both Browser and Viewer. This is hard to see and therefore error prone and even an inconsistent user interface because in the neighbouring tab "Toolbar" the two modes are split and you switch by using a drop down list.

ok, i'll change it
Good, thank you, Pierre!
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.84: Cannot change shortcut for fullscreen viewer

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.85 beta 1. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
helmut

Re: 0.84: Cannot change shortcut for fullscreen viewer

Post by helmut »

Confirmed changed, i.e. for Shortcuts there's a drop downlist with entries "Browser mode" and "View mode". Thank you, Pierre! :)