A new logo for XnView?

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

James

A new logo for XnView?

Post by James »

Hi Pierre and others,

I would like to say, that XnView is really cool program, I have been using it for many years. But after the new version has been released I have realized, that the program's logo is not so very cool, do you consider making a new logo, something like XnView Deluxe 2? It has much better logo :P

Plz, the logo of the program and Windows icons is also an important part of the program... Thanks!
ckv

Post by ckv »

Current logo looks, tastes & smells like XnView. New logo should be really really good to beat the current one.
(ps. XnView Deluxe icon looks like awful XP icon)
XnView Tweak UI - Tool to customize your XnView beyond the regular XnView options.
UI-less Settings - Documentation of all the hidden settings in XnView.
XFAM - Tool to create and customize XnView file associations.
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

ckv wrote:Current logo looks, tastes & smells like XnView.
New logo should be really really good to beat the current one.
I agree, I even made some wallpaper and posted somewhere in these forums using the XnView logo.
AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8Ghz, 16Gb DDR4, RX6600XT with Dell U2520D at 2560x1440@60Hz
Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2, PowerToys and Wintoys
James

Logo vs Icon

Post by James »

Ok, I partly agree but I thought new windows icons and a little bit redesign like DeLuxe version ...
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

Please don't change XNView logo... its high quality and unique appearance is what got me to try XNView in the first place, several years ago.

I like it!
John

Post by Guest »

JohnFredC wrote:Please don't change XNView logo... its high quality and unique appearance is what got me to try XNView in the first place, several years ago.

I like it!
jepp, i agree. the logo must not changed.

but i would be nice to have some more colored version in the xnview.exe.
i have a link in the quickbar of windows and it uses the first icon in the exe file. for me, this looks very ugly, because of the light grey. i would prefer some other colors, like white, dark-gray, etc., maybe transparent.

if there is a need for other users too, i could contribute some colored icons.
if nobody has interest in that, i wont :-)

loth
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Anonymous wrote:but i would be nice to have some more colored version in the xnview.exe.
i have a link in the quickbar of windows and it uses the first icon in the exe file. for me, this looks very ugly, because of the light grey.
I agree.
Clo
XnThusiast

Coloured, I like !

Post by Clo »

:D Hello !

• Would you like something like this ?. It's an *.ico file you may save…
- You can change any icon even for the Quick Launching bars in Windows like on the Desktop : RM-click >> Properties >> Change Icon
- Further, some alternative customized standalone icon-libraries to state i.e. in <xnview.ini> could be a must 8)

:mrgreen: Kind regards
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Re: Coloured, I like !

Post by Dreamer »

Clo wrote:• Would you like something like this ?.
No, sorry, too many colours for me...

I want just a bit more red and white background instead of grey.
loth

Re: Coloured, I like !

Post by loth »

Clo wrote:Would you like something like this ?
isnt that the deluxe icon?
no, i want something more plain.
but thanks for the suggestion!

the next time i just create some of these icons with different colours and will offer them for 5$ each.

hehe...joking.

please let me know, if you'd like to have some special colours or so. i just change the background colour, no more.

if there is any copyright violation or some other artist-related things i'm overlooked or missed, please let me know. i will not start to work on it the next days.
loth
Clo
XnThusiast

Cheap !

Post by Clo »

:D Hello !
…the next time i just create some of these icons with different colours and will offer them for 5$ each.…
• Seriously, it should be cheap : professional icon-designers asks for $50 each ! Quite true !
- I made this one from the small logo of DeLuxe I use on the French manual, plus a shade and patched to make a 32*32 icon…
- “Almond-green” background is nicer than grey, IMHO…

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice