RC3: Thumbnail in TC integration

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Hacker

RC3: Thumbnail in TC integration

Post by Hacker »

Pierre,
According to my tests, when Total Commander requests thumbnails from XnView, XnView always returns the thumbnails embedded in the JPGs (if found), regardless of settings like "Use embedded thumbnail" and "High quality". Is that correct?

TIA
Roman

XnView 1.80 <x>
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 1.80: Thumbnail in TC integration

Post by xnview »

Hacker wrote:According to my tests, when Total Commander requests thumbnails from XnView, XnView always returns the thumbnails embedded in the JPGs (if found), regardless of settings like "Use embedded thumbnail" and "High quality". Is that correct?
So you want that XnView use these settings, right?
Pierre.
Hacker

Post by Hacker »

So you want that XnView use these settings, right?
Yes, I guess that would be consistent behavior.

Roman
Lesmo16

Post by Lesmo16 »

xnview wrote:So you want that XnView use these settings, right?
Hacker wrote:Yes, I guess that would be consistent behavior.
100% agree, if you mean that xnView should serve the thumbnails depending on these settings.

So I will use the fast embedded thumbnails - very happy with these! :D
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand!
Hacker

Post by Hacker »

I like fast embedded thumbnails, too, but other users prefer quality, not speed.

Roman
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Hacker, could you check it please, I don't use TC.
Hacker

Post by Hacker »

Not implemented in RC3.

Roman
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Hacker wrote:Not implemented in RC3.

Roman
Could you test in RC4?
Hacker

Post by Hacker »

Dreamer wrote:
Hacker wrote:Not implemented in RC3.

Roman
Could you test in RC4?
Would be nice if Pierre simply said if he implemented it or not. :) I'll try and test it later today.

Roman
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Hacker wrote:Would be nice if Pierre simply said if he implemented it or not.
We are in "Fixed in RC4" forum, so it should be fixed/implemented, we just need to retest.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Any TC users??
Icfu

Post by Icfu »

The problem is that the XnView author has ignored the thread in the Total Commander forum after the problems were reported in RC1 so there was not too much interest anymore in trying out the new versions. ;)
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=7448

Anyway, I have tried RC5 now and can report that the issue has been fixed and anti aliasing is used in TC thumbnails now, good job. :)

BUT, it is ALWAYS used, regardless if the high quality setting in XNView is activated or not, that's why it's not possible to deactivate it for people who prefer speed over quality. I don't know if this behaviour is intentional or not and if it is possible to change that by the programmer. If it is possible I would like to see an additional setting to set high quality separately for Total Commander that does not conflict with the XnView internal one.

Edit:
Anti aliasing is NOT used in the Total Commander Lister, maybe this issue can be fixed, too?

Icfu
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Icfu wrote:The problem is that the XnView author has ignored the thread in the Total Commander forum after the problems were reported in RC1 so there was not too much interest anymore in trying out the new versions. ;)
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=7448
Sorry but many work already...
BUT, it is ALWAYS used, regardless if the high quality setting in XNView is activated or not, that's why it's not possible to deactivate it for people who prefer speed over quality. I don't know if this behaviour is intentional or not and if it is possible to change that by the programmer. If it is possible I would like to see an additional setting to set high quality separately for Total Commander that does not conflict with the XnView internal one.
Really, strange when TC ask for a thumbnail i use option/Browser/thumbnail/high quality...
Pierre.
Icfu

Post by Icfu »

Sorry but many work already...
Indeed, I have seen that nice bug reporting situation here. It just looks strange when you take the time to answer in a different forum and then disappear. People are then in the situation that they don't know if you have read the bug reports or not and get irritated. It's all ok, the most important thing is that bugs are fixed and obviously you are an author that is interested in bug fixing. :)
Really, strange when TC ask for a thumbnail i use option/Browser/thumbnail/high quality...
Have you confirmed the issue or was that "really" meant as a question? I am not sure...
I don't know what you have fixed, so I can't help you there probably but if there is something I can do let me know.

Icfu
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Icfu wrote:
Have you confirmed the issue or was that "really" meant as a question? I am not sure...
I don't know what you have fixed, so I can't help you there probably but if there is something I can do let me know.
It's a question, you should have only high quality if option/Browser/thumbnail/high quality is enabled
Pierre.