Feedback on the "Capture" tool

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView MP or XnConvert MP which have been resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

budz45
XnThusiast

Feedback on the "Capture" tool

Post by budz45 »

hi,

How excellent it is that XnView since earlier versions pre-MP can do basic screen capture :)

Anyways I would like to say some things:

1. "Capture" could be renamed to "Screen Capture" in English, it would look more clearer - just my opinion.

2. In the future, there needs to be more settings for screen capturing, either the additional settings could go in the 'capture' window or they could maybe go in the Options>Interface . Settings such as 'including mouse cursor in screenshots' , 'auto filename setings' and 'custom sound notifications' - are settings that would be needed.

3. There could be button called 'Settings...' somewhere on the 'Capture' window interface, that when pressed would link to and open up the main XnView MP Settings window where placed 'Capture' user configuration settings would be. Like this:

4. Is it possible for to use a different capture sound, like a camera shot sound that is default and embedded into XnView (typically a compressed low-quality audio file less than 200kb).
All My Topics || my 'MP' Topics
My own Bookmarked topics--->for me only
budz45
XnThusiast

Re: Feedback on the "Capture" tool

Post by budz45 »

Right, in current MP 0.38.1 there is no auto-filename feature with the ability to enable/disable one.

I am thinking of an auto-filename such as named "xn-screenshot-" with a time/date stamp as the suffix on the filename.
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

budz45 wrote:I am thinking of an auto-filename such as named "xn-screenshot-" with a time/date stamp as the suffix on the filename.
Except, since the filename template code is already implemented (in the Batch rename dialog), it would be best to simply reuse the rename template combo box in the capture dialog plus a button to open the rename dialog for "immediate" use in building a new template for the capture.

Perhaps "xn-screenshot-" with a time/date stamp could be a built-in renaming template.

There are so many good features that need to be in so many different places in XnView, it would be best to "think modular" and simply reuse already implemented functionality in ALL of the places that would benefit from it!
John
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

JohnFredC, you are absolutely right, I forgot about the naming template of batch convert/xnconvert, yes that could be reused.

I must remember to "think modular" and have done this before (just ask Pierre) - yes but please feel free John to remind me of this concept in any of my existing/future request topics.
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

We need the return of the "Include Mouse cursor" tickbox in XnView MP's 'Capture' :D
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Please check XnViewMP 0.48
Pierre.
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

xnview wrote:Please check XnViewMP 0.48
yes the 'Mouse cursor' option has been added in XnViewMP 0.48, thank you. :)