Restoring the last used [Keep Ratio] and [Background Color] options

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderator: Dreamer

JustPassingByToSayHi

Restoring the last used [Keep Ratio] and [Background Color] options

Post by JustPassingByToSayHi »

The [Canvas Resize] feature is handled differently in XnView Classic and XnView MP, and, as of my experience, the former does it a lot better than XnView MP.

Whenever I use the [Canvas Resize] feature in XnView Classic, the software restores the previously used [Keep Ratio] and [Background Color] options. This is important when I need to resize the canvas of an image multiple times in a row. In 99% of my use cases, I do it with [Keep Ratio] disabled and XnView Classic remembers my preference. XnView MP does not do that and it forces me to manually change [Keep Ratio] and [Background Color] every time I need to resize the canvas of an image multiple times in a row.

I know that XnView MP allows me to create a new preset with the options desired. But then [Width] and [Height] are included in the preset, too, and I don't need that.

tldr; I'd like XnView MP to remember and restore the last used [Keep Ratio] and [Background Color] whenever I do a multiple canvas resize on an image. Automatically selecting the [Last Used] preset whenever I press Shift+C would suffice, too.
Attachments
Canvas.jpg
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Restoring the last used [Keep Ratio] and [Background Color] options

Post by cday »

+1

And also remember the Size (pixels)|Size (percent) setting, please...
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.98.3. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.