Restoring the last used [Keep Ratio] and [Background Color] options

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderator: Dreamer

JustPassingByToSayHi

Restoring the last used [Keep Ratio] and [Background Color] options

Post by JustPassingByToSayHi »

The [Canvas Resize] feature is handled differently in XnView Classic and XnView MP, and, as of my experience, the former does it a lot better than XnView MP.

Whenever I use the [Canvas Resize] feature in XnView Classic, the software restores the previously used [Keep Ratio] and [Background Color] options. This is important when I need to resize the canvas of an image multiple times in a row. In 99% of my use cases, I do it with [Keep Ratio] disabled and XnView Classic remembers my preference. XnView MP does not do that and it forces me to manually change [Keep Ratio] and [Background Color] every time I need to resize the canvas of an image multiple times in a row.

I know that XnView MP allows me to create a new preset with the options desired. But then [Width] and [Height] are included in the preset, too, and I don't need that.

tldr; I'd like XnView MP to remember and restore the last used [Keep Ratio] and [Background Color] whenever I do a multiple canvas resize on an image. Automatically selecting the [Last Used] preset whenever I press Shift+C would suffice, too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Restoring the last used [Keep Ratio] and [Background Color] options

Post by cday »

+1

And also remember the Size (pixels)|Size (percent) setting, please...
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.98.3. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
JustPassingByToSayHi

As of 0.98.4, it doesn't seem to remember the value of the [Keep Ratio] checkbox. It's always checked even if I set it unchecked when resizing the canvas.

Everything else is fixed.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

JustPassingByToSayHi wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:32 am As of 0.98.4, it doesn't seem to remember the value of the [Keep Ratio] checkbox. It's always checked even if I set it unchecked when resizing the canvas.
how do you reproduce?
Pierre.
JustPassingByToSayHi

xnview wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:08 am
JustPassingByToSayHi wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:32 am As of 0.98.4, it doesn't seem to remember the value of the [Keep Ratio] checkbox. It's always checked even if I set it unchecked when resizing the canvas.
how do you reproduce?
Please, watch the video attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

fixed in next release...
Pierre.