Animated JPEG-XL

Bugs which have been reproduced by a second user or the developer, or features to do

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

Marsu42

Animated JPEG-XL

Post by Marsu42 »

Using XnViewMP 1.0 on x64 Windows (10), XnViewMP doesn't play animated jpeg-xl - it just shows the first frame.

This new image format is able to significantly reduce the size of animated gif clips, like this one: https://acegif.com/wp-content/gifs/the-end-1.gif ... attached in a zip file is the gif converted to jxl.

I don't want to be premature because jpeg-xl 1.0 with a stable api isn't released yet, but IrfanView is able to play animated jpeg-xl (though playback speed seems to be buggy sometimes) and it's working perfectly in Chrome (chrome://flags/#enable-jxl).

Thanks for your great and continued effort with XnView, it's my favorite picture viewer and converter by far. I hope this bug isn't a dupe, I cannot search the forum ("The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: jpeg xl.") and just searched though the first couple of pages manually.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Animated JPEG-XL

Post by xnview »

currently not supported
Pierre.