0.98 "Filter by" setting causing XNView to open with blank fullscreen

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

fractl

0.98 "Filter by" setting causing XNView to open with blank fullscreen

Post by fractl »

XnView: MP 0.98.4 64bits (May 31 2021)
Libformat version: 7.81

Effect: Confusing behaviour makes it look like the file is missing. XNView opens fullscreen showing only a blank background. When this happened to me with a video (because I had set the filter to images), I thought XnView was broken at first.

To reproduce:
1. Open XNView and set the Filter by setting to be "Video".
2. Go into Settings and check that under General, the setting for Mode when starting with a file is set to "Fullscreen - Browser".
[Note: It is totally not obvious to me what the difference should be between Fullscreen - Browser and Fullscreen - Viewer is.]
3. Close XnView.
4. Open a file manager and do whatever actions are necessary to make an *image* file open in XNView.

Actual behaviour (bug): XNView opens fullscreen showing only a blank background. Arrow keys and buttons at the bottom don't do anything and neither does Enter (even though this is a setting which usually switches to browser mode). :bug:

Expected behaviour: Selected image file is displayed. Pressing Enter should take you back to Browser mode if that setting is enabled. I'm not sure what the distinction is with the "Fullscreen - Viewer" mode, but if you have that setting, it shows the image and then drops you back into an empty folder if your selected filter hides all images.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.98 "Filter by" setting causing XNView to open with blank fullscreen

Post by xnview »

do you have always the problem with latest version?
Pierre.
fractl

Re: 0.98 "Filter by" setting causing XNView to open with blank fullscreen

Post by fractl »

Apologies, I missed your post. I've just installed Linux Version 1.4.5 64bits (May 10 2023), Libformat version 7.143 and it is still happening.