Selecting Multiple Photos, Browser Mode

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

trevzilla

Selecting Multiple Photos, Browser Mode

Post by trevzilla »

Subject: 0.90: "Shift selection" malfunctions after returning to browser mode from fullscreen.

XnView: MP 0.90 - 64 bit

When trying to hit "shift+left click" to select multiple photos at once, I get a selection that I did not intend.

Effect: The wrong selection is made. User must unselect the selection, reselect the first photo in the intended selection, then shift+click the last photo in the selection.

To reproduce:
1. Select a single photo
2. Enter fullscreen mode.
3. While in fullscreen mode, use arrow keys to navigate to a different photo.
4. Escape out of fullscreen mode.
5. Notice that the photo that you were last on in fullscreen is now highlighted in browser mode (This is good)
6. Shift+click to yet another photo "downstream" of the photo that you finished on in fullscreen mode.
7. Notice that all photos are selected from the very first photo you began with.

Actual behaviour (bug): All photos are selected from original photo...before you entered fullscreen mode.

Expected behaviour: Only photos from highlighted photo should be selected. (E.G. the photo from where you exited fullscreen mode should be the starting photo for the shift+click — not the photo from where you entered fullscreen mode)
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Selecting Multiple Photos, Browser Mode

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce
Pierre.