Favorites does not show new folders?

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

TommiG2

Favorites does not show new folders?

Post by TommiG2 »

Dear colleagues,
I like the Favorites feature because it shows only my picture-centric part of my hard disk and hides unneeded folders.

But a strange thing happens when I create a new folder with right click in thumbnail pane and using "New folder". The new folder exists in the thumbnail pane and I can copy files into it, as expected. But it does not show in the Favorites pane.

Example:
* I have a favorite named "2018".
* Inside of this are folders named "Jan" and "Feb".
* Select 2018 in Favorites, it shows a correct tree with 2 subnodes and the thumbnail pane shows also the 2 folders Jan and Feb.
* Right click in the thumbs pane and do "New Folder" and name it "March"
* Thumbnail pane shows now 3 folders but the Favorite pane shows stil 2 subnodes without the new folder which seems to me the views are out of sync.

Closing/opening the triangle does not help, also selecting another favorite and selecting back doesnt refresh the view.
I also tried View / Refresh without luck (but i am unsure which view should respond to Refresh).
The only workaround I found is to quit the application and start it again. After that the Favorites shows correctly 3 subnodes as the thumbnails view do.

Using XnView MP 0.89 with same problems on my Mac High Sierra and Win10 prof 64b

Thank you in advance.
Best regards, Thomas
jadO

Re: Favorites does not show new folders?

Post by jadO »

I can confirm this for the folder pane as well. It seems that there is no refresh event that updates the view to its correct state.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
jozomrkvicka

Post by jozomrkvicka »

xnview wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:26 am :bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Hi, are there any news regarding to this bug? I have same issue, version 0.94 64bits (Nov 12 2019).
In XnView Classic i was refreshing it through collapse/open "+" in folder structure menu, but its not possible in new version.