0.84: „Show files in subfolder” resets when it shouldn't

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

40billion

Re: 0.84: „Show files in subfolder” resets when it shouldn't

Post by 40billion »

I am experiencing the same issue.

It would be great if the following can be fixed:

- Make "Show files in subfolder" as the default option. Currently it resets to folder view as and when you move between the application
- Drag and drop of files does not work. Cut / paste still works though
- When a file is cut/pasted into another folder, the file view resets and you have enable the "show files in subfolder" option again and go to the same image that you were viewing before. This can cause an issue if you have thousands of images that you were working on.

Thanks.
uberfly

Post by uberfly »

I also have this issue 0.98.4 - Windows 10. I have tested the strange refresh after selecting "show files in subfolder". The issue for me at least seems to happen when viewing large # of files on a network share. I tried copying the same file tree to a local drive and viewed it in the same way and there it didn't happen.
maurotk

Post by maurotk »

Any news on the subject?

I found a similar program (Allusion) that does this function very well but doesn't have nearly as much features that XnView has.

Something that could be done would be if at least the list of photos (from files in subfolders) doesn't try to update and fails when there is a new file or updated file in the folder tree, and the only way to update the list would be to press the refresh button.

Thanks.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

this problem is fixed in 1.6.2 version
Pierre.