XNViewMP hangs on Linux after video in viewer or full screnn

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XNViewMP hangs on Linux after video in viewer or full screnn

Post by xnview »

argumon wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 pm Just tried it, but sorry, still the same problem. Works perfect under X11, crashing on first click on a video file under Wayland.
I'll send you the logs.
the author of MDK is not able to reproduce on Wayland. Do you have tried without

Code: Select all

useInternalVideoPlayer=false
on Wayland?
Pierre.
argumon

Post by argumon »

I added export useInternalVideoPlayer=false to _xnview.sh and run it, but that did not make any difference, crash on 1st click on any video file.
But I can play these videos with all other video players, I have on my system (eg. VLC, Dragon, Haruna)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

argumon wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:50 am I added export useInternalVideoPlayer=false to _xnview.sh and run it, but that did not make any difference, crash on 1st click on any video file.
But I can play these videos with all other video players, I have on my system (eg. VLC, Dragon, Haruna)
no sorry in xnview.ini
Pierre.
argumon

Post by argumon »

Oh, that worked much better. I get no thumbnails, just the white boxes. But the video plays in the preview pane and opening it, it plays in a tab. Only when I do F11 for full screen, I get a black screen, then sometimes a glimpse of the video, than black again.
But no crashes anymore!
argumon

Post by argumon »

That video mode change is not a video problem. Even when I go full screen on images, my screen gets black, my monitor clicks like changing modes or going to sleep. But after a few seconds, the image is full screen and then I can step through all images and videos in that folder.