Read Picasa keywords

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

dave80

Read Picasa keywords

Post by dave80 »

Can XnViewMP read keywords written by Picasa?
I would like to use Picasa and XnViewMP to help me cull my photo collection. I would like to use Picasa to go through a folder and keyword photos I don't want with the keyword "delete". I would then like to open the folder in XnViewMP, select the "delete" keyworded photos and delete them.
The reason for doing it this way is I have used Picasa for a long time and don't want to delete any photos I have edited with it so the first stage of my culling process can only be done with Picasa. Some of the time I shoot jpg & raw but have Picasa set to only show jpgs. When deleting jpgs I want to also delete the raw and any companion files (.xmp, .pp3 etc.) but Picasa can't do that. XnViewMP can delete companion files and I have set it up to do so.
I think I have everything worked out and setup except how to get XnViewMP to read the "delete" keyword on a folder by folder basis as I add them in Picasa. Can anyone help please?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Read Picasa keywords

Post by xnview »

dave80 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:41 am Can XnViewMP read keywords written by Picasa?
the keywords are in sidecar right?
Pierre.
dave80

Post by dave80 »

xnview wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:39 am
dave80 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:41 am Can XnViewMP read keywords written by Picasa?
the keywords are in sidecar right?
Hi Pierre. No, the keywords are in the jpgs. Here is an example.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

ok, keywords are readed by XnView MP if settings>Metadata - Import XMP subject is enabled
Pierre.
dave80

Post by dave80 »

xnview wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:38 am ok, keywords are readed by XnView MP if settings>Metadata - Import XMP subject is enabled
That has worked. Thank you very much :)