Rotate without saving

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Freddy5203

Rotate without saving

Post by Freddy5203 »

Hi all,

I wonder if XnView.mp has an option to rotate an image temporarily, [b]without[/b] marking it as modified, i.e. to drop the change on close. Background: sometimes I only want to browse/view photos, but not edit them, which I conduct as a separate work-step (mostly).

P.S. I'm new to this forum. Many thanks to the author for this great software and it's batch facility !

Freddy
XnView 0.93.16 64 bit | Win-10 v.1903
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Rotate without saving

Post by cday »

Freddy5203 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:15 pm I wonder if XnView.mp has an option to rotate an image temporarily, without marking it as modified, i.e. to drop the change on close. Background: sometimes I only want to browse/view photos, but not edit them, which I conduct as a separate work-step (mostly).

Changes made in the Editor are only incorporated in the original file when the image is saved: if you close an image that has been modified, a prompt will ask if you want to save the changes, unless the prompt has been disabled in Tools > Settings...
Freddy5203

Post by Freddy5203 »

Thank you, yes I'm aware of how it works. It's a question of comfort: if I use the Previous/Next buttons in view mode, I'm asked for each rotated photo if I'd like to save it, which is a little bit disturbing if I only want to view a serie of photos. Maybe a triple choice could be a possible solution: Save-it = Yes | No | Never for this session. Just an idea.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Freddy5203 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:20 am ... if I use the Previous/Next buttons in view mode, I'm asked for each rotated photo if I'd like to save it, which is a little bit disturbing if I only want to view a serie of photos. Maybe a triple choice could be a possible solution: Save-it = Yes | No | Never for this session. Just an idea.

I was going to suggest that you could at least disable the prompt option I referred to above temporarily as a workaround, but in fact I don't see that option in Tools > Options > General -- File options where I would expect it to be, or anywhere else.

I suggest posting your request in the 'Suggestions' section of the forum, where it is more likely to be noticed... :D