Tab key stopped autocompleting the rest of the file name when saving - MP Linux

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

loomis

Tab key stopped autocompleting the rest of the file name when saving - MP Linux

Post by loomis »

Previously, in MP in Manjaro, if you were about to save a photo in a directory, and you typed a few letters of a file already in the directory, you could use the TAB key to automaticaly complete the file name for you, so that you didn't have to type out the entire file name every time.

So if I had cats_eat_hamburgers1.jpg, and I went to save a new file in the same directory, and typed "cat" and hit TAB, it would autocomplete "cats_eat_hamburgers" for me. Very useful when having "cats_eat_hamburgers2.jpg" and "cats_eat_hamburgers3.jpg" and so on.

I feel like this did work correctly before the newest update. I am on XnView MP Linux Version 0.93.1 64bits (Mar 7 2019) Libformat version 7.25.

Please help. This costs me a lot of valuable time having to type out each entire file name. Thanks.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Tab key stopped autocompleting the rest of the file name when saving - MP Linux

Post by xnview »

you have this behavior with 0.93?
Pierre.
loomis

Re: Tab key stopped autocompleting the rest of the file name when saving - MP Linux

Post by loomis »

Hello. This did not happen on the previous version. The error happened after updating to the new version.

I am currently on I am on XnView MP Linux Version 0.93.1 64bits (Mar 7 2019) Libformat version 7.25.

Thank you.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

could you try with 0.93? which linux distribution do you have?
Pierre.
loomis

Post by loomis »

It's not easy for me to downgrade back to 93. I'm on Manjaro. Thank you.
loomis

Post by loomis »

Anyone make any progress on this? It's only not working on XnView MP. My other programs complete their names with the Tab key just fine. Thanks