xnview MP - disable viewer? change color?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

vanderzee

xnview MP - disable viewer? change color?

Post by vanderzee »

is there any way to disable the "viewer"?
`
im colorblind, and the blue makes it quite hard to see which item is actually selected, also the grey background

i know the dark theme has a "style sheet" but i have no clue which i have to change in order to get what i need

like here:

thanks
Last edited by vanderzee on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: xnview MP - disable viewer? hightlight color?

Post by xnview »

vanderzee wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:03 am is there any way to disable the "viewer"?
No, but why?
can i change the hightlight color (the color of the item selected)? im colorblind, and the blue makes it quite hard to see which item is actually selected
i'll add a setting
Pierre.
Rhea

Re: xnview MP - disable viewer? change color?

Post by Rhea »

can i change the hightlight color (the color of the item selected)? im colorblind, and the blue makes it quite hard to see which item is actually selected
I'm looking for that too - is it in the .qss stylesheet as a setting? If I would know which one it is I could already change it there 8)
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

I've looked around a little and found in the xnview.ini file these entries:
selectedColor=
prevBackColor=

The first one appears to be our value entry, but it doesn't do anything (at least for me).
The second one which I'm interested too, looks like the color value for the last visited file/folder (not working too).

Additionally back in the classic days this was a UI tweaker and those values (Foldercolor/SelBorderColor) could be modified. In the xnview.ini file the entries "m_folderColor1=" and other numbers are there and can be modified (my folders look so awesome right now :wink: ) but still, the select border color seems to miss the link, maybe something about the classic->mp transition.

So, we need to wait until it gets implemented
or it's already built in but under another value entry, not "selectedColor=".

In the .qss files I wasn't able to find a solution, I don't know much of that topic :?

Maybe Pierre can give some more information about that...
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

@vanderzee

Wow I'm surprised of myself - I've found the color value on item selection 8)
Color.png
...at least for the more important part :wink:
I'm gonna look if I can find out to change the blue border around the folder/picture but takes some time I guess. I hope Pierre can make the whole thing as a user-friendly setting in the future.

Anyway, to change the highlighting to another color you need to add following lines into style_sheet.qss:
QListView{
background-color: rgb(16, 0, 24);
border: 1px solid black;
selection-color: rgb(153, 255, 255);
selection-background-color: rgb(102, 0, 51);

}
--------------------------------------------------------------------
*selection-color changes the font color
*selection-background-color changes the background itself

Hope this helps you in a way :wink:

-Rhea-
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

It seems that the rest of the color values needs to be implemented without style sheets.
With *{} you can give the same value to every widget and if you do that it doesn't change a thing for the thumbnail highlighting :(

At least we are able to change the text highlighting at the moment. The other stuff like the blue border selection, selected active background and previous selected background would be nice to change them in the settings, if Pierre could implement that.
vanderzee

Re: xnview MP - disable viewer? hightlight color?

Post by vanderzee »

i'll add a setting
[/quote]

that would be wonderful - many thanks!

most devs simply ignore the colorblind
vanderzee

Post by vanderzee »

Rhea wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:41 pm It seems that the rest of the color values needs to be implemented without style sheets.
With *{} you can give the same value to every widget and if you do that it doesn't change a thing for the thumbnail highlighting :(

At least we are able to change the text highlighting at the moment. The other stuff like the blue border selection, selected active background and previous selected background would be nice to change them in the settings, if Pierre could implement that.
I don't mind at all doind this trougha text editor, as many softwares i use i do it this way
Sadly this didn't work, i could only change the text color, not the selection

the border around the thumbnails is not a problem as i don't use it at all - its set to 0

many thanks