Questions on - Pinch/Zoom for images, Image thumbnail quality and Video thumbnails

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

sanjeev

Questions on - Pinch/Zoom for images, Image thumbnail quality and Video thumbnails

Post by sanjeev »

Hi,

I am a new user of XnViewMP, really like the software across many areas. I am working on a Mac pro 2018, macOS Mojave

I have questions on following items -
  • When I am viewing images (full screen or window) cannot seem to get pinch/zoom working when I use the touchpad on my Mac. I can zoom perfectly fine using the buttons in the UI or the +/- keys. Just the touchpad pinch/zoom is not working
  • I cannot seem to get video thumbnails to work. I have verified the right settings in ini file (useInternalVideoPlayer=true) and also enabled the video thumbnail settings in File List -> custom filter.
  • How do I sort within a folder where images show first and then all videos ?
Any help to get these three items working is much appreciated. I really like the software and would like to make it as my permanent media browser.

Best
Sanjeev
Last edited by sanjeev on Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eugeneandlynn

Re: Questions on - Pinch/Zoom for images, Image thumbnail quality and Video thumbnails

Post by eugeneandlynn »

I cant view my videos in the thumbnail view as well.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Questions on - Pinch/Zoom for images, Image thumbnail quality and Video thumbnails

Post by xnview »

sanjeev wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:45 pm
  • When I am viewing images (full screen or window) cannot seem to get pinch/zoom working when I use the touchpad on my Mac. I can zoom perfectly fine using the buttons in the UI or the +/- keys. Just the touchpad pinch/zoom is not working
currently pad is not supported
  • I cannot seem to get video thumbnails to work. I have verified the right settings in ini file (useInternalVideoPlayer=true) and also enabled the video thumbnail settings in File List -> custom filter.
yes a known issue
  • How do I sort within a folder where images show first and then all videos ?
No way images & videos are mixed
Pierre.
sanjeev

Post by sanjeev »

Thanks for the update. Really appreciate it. Any idea by when we planning the fix for the video thumbnail ?

Thanks again.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

sanjeev wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:51 pm Thanks for the update. Really appreciate it. Any idea by when we planning the fix for the video thumbnail ?
when i add the framework to support video, the app is no more correctly signed.
Pierre.
sanjeev

Post by sanjeev »

Thanks. Any idea from a timeline perspective ? Is it coming soon or would be next few weeks/months ? :D
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

sanjeev wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:54 am Thanks. Any idea from a timeline perspective ? Is it coming soon or would be next few weeks/months ? :D
i don't why the signing doesn't work, i can perhaps send you a version?
Pierre.
sanjeev

Post by sanjeev »

That will be great. I am happy to test/play around.

cheers
Sanjeev
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

could you contact me by mail
Pierre.